Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
qaz

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource

Post by qaz »

Thanks for a great CMS system.

I have created a news section on my site with : {cms_module module="news" number="5" category="OS" moretext="more..." summary="page" length="80" }

The news does show up. The problem Im facing when I click the "more..." link.

The error I get is: Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:page" in /home/alx/public_html/cms/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088
gnolen

Re: Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource

Post by gnolen »

Hi,

Even if it was a while ago..Did you solve the problem? I have exectly the same thing.

/ Gnolen
Perin

Post by Perin »

I to have exaxtly the same problem. Did you solve the problem
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

No, sorry..

Did you use the rewrite url fix? I did and I am wondering if that is the problem..

Maybe this is the same problem - If you create a news page in the content part. And set the summary to page and so on..Will the summary and 'read more' then show up for you? I always get the whole news then! This works if I put the module in {} though.

/ Gnolen
perin

Post by perin »

Hi
I also get the whole news if I create a news page in the content part as you described. I need to put {} in a template to make it show up as desired. The more.. link is still not working.

/perin
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Hmmm, then I has to be the same fault! Strange..
perin

Post by perin »

OK  I get this from an irc channel

"make a page called News Archive with an alias of newsarchive, and then put summary='newsarchive' in the page tag using the summary tag"

Meaning you need to create the page "page" in the summary tag first.

/perin
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Hmmm, I just wrote another message about this and I can now see that the whatsup category I wrote about there was also a created page, and that's why it worked probably!

/ Gnolen
fayalif

Post by fayalif »

I had face the same problem. But got resolved this issue... infact on the page where it was showing an error i was calling a variable which was not assigned prior.

{$main}

when removed the above problem solved..:)

regards,
F.Ahmed

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”