1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: 1.0 Beta5 Released!

Post by Der Rudi »

Der Rudi wrote: Seems that I solved my previous posted problem
4. some strange display behaviour occurs (IE6 on XP pro) with the shortcuts; see attached images. The background does not revert back to normal when closing the shortcut menu; when doing a minimize / full screen cycle, the background is ok again. The same sort of behaviour I also see with the error/warnings box in the admin section: not, or partially displayed, when scrolling or placing a menu on top the text becomes visible, but not always! Hope someone can make sense of what I am trying to describe here 

in admin/themes/default/css/style.css look for div.pagecontainer p.pageheader and add height:1%;

Since I do not have any other browser than IE6 running on XP, could anyone please check if it still works in others, particulary FF? Thanks.

NOTE: seems the div.pagecontainer p.pageheader is the case for 0.13; now have to find out how it's named in 10b5. Any one of the developers knows?
Ok, used this hack to make the 1.0 beta 6 admin error/warning box work under ie6/xp; also tested with FF without problems.

Code: Select all

/* Hides from non-IE \*/
* html div.pagemcontainer {height: 1%;}
/* End hide from non-IE */ 

No solutions yet to the shortcuts background color fault. FF works normally in this respect.
Last edited by Der Rudi on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyberman

Re: 1.0 Beta6 Released!

Post by cyberman »

Hmm, dont't know if this is a bug or a feature request  ::) ...

... listmodule.php shows "only" natural (english) module name in column 'Name', not the localized strings.
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

Der Rudi, please be aware that star-hack won't work in IE7. Have a look at http://www.positioniseverything.net/art ... acker.html .
unsigned double ZYV;
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

I'm looking to make the upgrade script turn backwards compatible mode on by default.  Definitely while it's doing the actual upgrade, but possibly afterwards too.  That'll lessen transition problems until more modules get upgraded to being 1.0 ready.

I do agree that the 1.0 image/designator is a good idea.  I'm just not to administer that.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Ted wrote: I do agree that the 1.0 image/designator is a good idea.  I'm just not to administer that.
Perhaps there should be a (new) page with a list of all projects with released files (name and description). It would be helpful for everyone to get an overview all existing CMSms module / tags. On my daily forum support I see / read the search of CMSms Forge is not easy to handle for many (new) users.

The next step could be to show every module / tag in action  ;) ...
zozo

Post by zozo »

cyberman wrote: Perhaps there should be a (new) page with a list of all projects with released files (name and description). It would be helpful for everyone to get an overview all existing CMSms module / tags. [...]
With the compatibility. Wich is ok or not for 1.0.
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

Unfortunatly the Admin Log is still not correct. See attached screendump: three users, admin, ruud and edit. When one logs out, it seems that name is used for the next user in the admin file for login, other actions (adding content etc) are correctly related to the actual logged in user. I've tried this on one single machine, so might be something to do with cookies (if they are used)?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

@ZYV:
Thanks for the link. I was aware of conditional css, but this needed to be a quick fix for ie6 that I am using. Good point for IE7, though.

Might be a good idea to use conditional css for cmsms also, both front end and back end (admin). Now the cmsms css does not get validated due to browser specific hacks. Anyone with remarks/comments on this?
Last edited by Der Rudi on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZYV
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by ZYV »

After a bit of research, it turns out that conditional includes is the only reliable way of adding IE-specific hacks that will persist in IE7. So I second you opinion and I think it's a good idea to move out all IE-specific hacks to a conditionally included CSS sheet.
unsigned double ZYV;
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

Checking max execution time (min 30s, recommend 45s)

I say it the third and the last time  germans biggest provider (>10.000.000 domain) have a max_execution_time of 10 seconds.

So the most of german domains cannot install the cmsms - this beta is useless.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

Trying modulemanager download Cataloger 0.5

Broken line  -  Using 11425344 bytes of memory

Second

Waiting 3 Minutes and 15 seconds (128 Kbit) and  than

Fatal error: Class 'CMSModuleContentType' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/1b6/modules/Cataloger/Cataloger.module.php on line 397

Modulemanager does not checking whether a module works with 1b6 or not.

I have deleted Modulemanager and nusoap - not a usefull module.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I'm working on Cataloger, but have not cut a release yet that is 1.0 compatible.  hope to do it this week, but there was an addcontent glitch.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Mmmm, tried to upgrade from previous beta (5) but just a blank empty screen. Tied a install over same install, first page OK and then blank screen. No web, site no admin? (All caches cleared.)

1. I then overwrite my current cms directory with the new one and did an upgrade. OK. Turns out it was the Album Module?? Not very good for people upgrading with no helpful errors. If I delete that, or set the option in config then everything seems OK.

If I'm right setting this option will not save memory?? If you need a module that has not been updated you need to set this? So all the memory savings you guys have been working on will not be of much use till all the commonly used albums are updated?

2. The Module Manger is still very slow to load.

3. I finally have search installed. No major problems so far, but if I specifiy a result page, when I look at the url in the browser, it shows the normal url e.g.
http://macweb/cms/index.php?mact=Search ... eturnid=27
rather than the clean url I was expecting... eg
http://macweb/cms/cmsmodules/searchresults/

Not much time this weekend, sorry, bank holiday here in parts of UK. Will look more early next week.

Russ
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

Darien wrote:
rodeto wrote: After upgrading from beta 5 to beta 6 I got this message:

Fatal error: Class albumcontent: Cannot inherit from undefined class cmsmodulecontenttype in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/Album/classes/module/class.AlbumContent.php on line 33
I´ve got the same problem. I can´t upgrade from beta5 to beta6, because the upgrade.php stops with this message.
I've released Album 0.7.1 which works with and requires CMSMS 1.0 beta6. You can download it here: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/frs/?group ... ase_id=588
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

jce76350 wrote: Hi,
cyberman wrote: - value 'Enable GCB WYSIWYG' (My Preferences > User-Preferences) cant set. After a click in checkbox and Submit, the page reloads and checkbox is empty.
Also not working in local server
Windows XP Sp2  Apache 2.0.54 + MySQL 4.1.12 + PHP 5.0.4

And host server  http://acrn.free.fr//cms/
Apache/ProXad [Jul 17 2006 17:19:22] + mysql 5.0.25-nightly-20060803 + PHP Version 4.4.3-dev

And Global Content Blocks have no editor  ;)
Sorry about that. ;)
Should be fixed in latest SVN: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/viewsv ... 5&view=rev
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Return to “Announcements”