Replace MenuManager bt Navigator

Do something cool with CMS? Show us ...
This board is for 'Answers', and the discussion of answers... Not for questions.
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Replace MenuManager bt Navigator

Post by musicscore »

Because I have some old website previously designed using MenuManager I want to replace MenuManager by Navigator.
I tryed to replace {Menu loadprops=0 template="mytemplate"} by {Navigator loadprops=0 template="mytemplate"} but then the menu on the website is gone.

Is there an easy way to replace menumanger by Navigator or do I have to create new templates (pffffff).

Please help.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Replace MenuManager bt Navigator

Post by DIGI3 »

Navigator works differently (and much more efficiently) so the templates aren't directly compatible with MM. In most cases it's fairly trivial to adapt them using the default Navigator template and just updating the class names and any html customizations. Because Navigator templates are recursive, there's typically a lot less work than there was in Menu Manager.

If you get stuck, feel free to post your MenuManager template and someone should be able to give you some tips or provide the conversion.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Replace MenuManager bt Navigator

Post by musicscore »

Thank you for your (super quick) answer.

I managed to replace menumanager by Navigator on one site already by adjusting the div and classnamens.
Thanks for the tip.

After upgrading tot 2.2.18 I think menumanager is causing the site to give a 500 error after a while.
In the log, menumanger is popup as an error.

Hope replacing menumanager by Navigator will solve this problem AND give me the oppertunity to upgrade to 2.2.20 at a later moment.

Thanks again.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”