Blog posts disappeared?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
blahblahwhatever

Blog posts disappeared?

Post by blahblahwhatever »

Hello,

Been looking for "blog" or "content" - something that has been done in 2.2.20 but no luck.
My blog posts on one of the pages disappeared (didn't have blog posts on other pages I have just updated).

What could have happened? Is there a change of some kind in 2.2.20?

Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Blog posts disappeared?

Post by DIGI3 »

See topic viewtopic.php?t=84040

The devs are looking into it, for now you may be able to work around it by using {content} directly rather than assigning it to a variable first.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
blahblahwhatever

Post by blahblahwhatever »

What does it mean exactly?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's still being investigated, but it looks like a bug related to a fix for newer php versions. We'll post more information once we have it solved.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

You have clearly indicated that this version is compatible with PHP Version 8.3.0+.
So I think...
This is not "it looks like a bug related to a fix for newer php versions",
- but rather a lack of serious testing and insufficient verification.
- The release of this version despite the fact that numerous problems had been reported and not corrected prior to this release.
Jean-Claude Etiemble
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

jce76350 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 am So I think...
This is not "it looks like a bug related to a fix for newer php versions",
- but rather a lack of serious testing and insufficient verification.
- The release of this version despite the fact that numerous problems had been reported and not corrected prior to this release.
You are absolutely entitled to think whatever you want to think. But you better backup your theories with facts when you post here. You have been in my ignore list for quite a while, but I wont let you denigrate the team just because you want some "air time". I used to respect your opinions but right now you are more background noise than anything else. When you have anything more productive to contribute to the project please do.
  • you have been testing and been quite vocal about it and missed this issue, so I wonder: how much amount of testing would it be needed before we came across this issue anyway;
  • you have been away from the team, in spite of having been invited to return several times and declining the invitation... it is your prerogative to do so, but then do not assume to know everything there is to know about how we do our testing or any other of internal team processes;
  • some of the "numerous problems had [that] been reported and not corrected" are not issues and have been put aside for a later discussion because those were not problems, were deprecation warnings that have a purpose and a meaning... you cried wolf too many times to be considered a serious player;
There was a time that I was your fierce defender and I tried to engage with you in the most friendly and productive intentions only to be snubbed by you. Well, this is all I have to say about your comments.

note: This are my views, and mine alone, speaking for myself, not for the team.

For the rest of the community, please hang in there, we're trying to fix this issue as soon as we can. Thank you.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “CMSMS Core”