How do I change my front page.

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
ddlabs

How do I change my front page.

Post by ddlabs »

I did what I thought would change the homepage or front page. It added what I wanted as home but it still kept the header of

https://pimagnum.com/index.php
POWER FOR PROFESSIONALS SIMPLICITY FOR END USERS

How do I get rid of the Power for Professional and keep what I wanted for a home page.?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How do I change my front page.

Post by DIGI3 »

You're using the sample template, which is fine, but you'll need to edit it to your liking in Layout > Design Manager. If you're not comfortable editing html/css/Smarty, you may wish to consult with a web developer to get your site set up the way you like it, then you can manage the content via Content Manager.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
ddlabs

Post by ddlabs »

Thank you for your response. I've been doing Web Sites for a couple of decades now. I find that your idea of made easy differs from mine. I took one look at the index.php file and shut the whole system down.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The index.php shouldn't be edited. Like any other content management system, this file is for compiling your content with your templates. The simplicity comes in the separation of content from design - the content editor has a simple page editor, while the developer has a powerful templating system. It's not the perfect solution for everyone, but I think judging a cms by its index.php file might not be the best way to find the right one for you.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”