Blank website after clearing cache (Help most apreciated) Topic is solved

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
vhaakman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Blank website after clearing cache (Help most apreciated)

Post by vhaakman »

Hi,
After clearing cache this morning my site (admin included) went blank. Entering at the server I put on errors, and it said: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "var" in /public_html/lib/classes/class.usertagoperations.inc.php(306) : eval()'d code on line 1

After reading on this forum I found that maybe this was one of my udt´s. I entered in the database, and deleted the three UDT I made (simple stuff, 2 of them working well for years now), but no difference. What could be the cause here?

CMSMS 2.2.19 running on php 8.2

Thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Blank website after clearing cache (Help most apreciated)

Post by DIGI3 »

I would restore the db to before you deleted the udt's (as now you'll get an error when it tries to find them, unless you also removed any references to them in your templates) and then try dropping PHP down to 8.1, or 7.4 if that doesn't work.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
vhaakman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by vhaakman »

Thanks for your reply,
I restored the database and went back to 8.1, which got rid of some decrepated warnings, but the main problem is still there. I don´t think switching to 7.4 will change this (cant test it since cpanel only allows me to go back to 8.1), since I have seen several posts of people over the last decade that had the same problem. But clearing the cache again after that solved it. What a relief...
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Sorry, I should have mentioned you should clear the cache after making any server changes such as the PHP version. I would hold off switching to PHP 8.2 until the core (and any of your third-party modules) supports it, and update or comment out your UDTs before upgrading too.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”