Give content editors a page sector to create a link

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Give content editors a page sector to create a link

Post by johnboyuk1 »

I may have missed something obvious here... but I want to build into my templates a link which can then be set by the content editors via a pages admin screen in order to set that link to go to another page in the site

So the html in the template would be something like

Code: Select all

<a href="{some CMSMS tag}">Click me</a>
Where the content editor gets the ability to set that link to go where they want through the content manager pages

I know I could do this with a basic text field that would require them getting a full URL and pasting it in, but if there's a way of doing it through dropdown like you get in the navigation tab, or through the selfliink type interface you get in the Tiny editor that would be useful

Hope that makes sense?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Give content editors a page sector to create a link

Post by DIGI3 »

I think maybe you want a content type that's a page selector? If so, look at the ECB2 module.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnboyuk1 »

Yep - that sounds like what I need... wasnt sure if it was available as part of the core some how... I'll take a look at ECB2
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Sorry I meant content block type - and no, only in the core for module use afaik. ECB2 is fantastic and well-maintained though.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”