Update to 2.2.16 stops with "check for writeable config.php file"

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
ocp

Update to 2.2.16 stops with "check for writeable config.php file"

Post by ocp »

I am updating from 2.2.7 to 2.2.16 to accomodate a host server upgrade to PHP version 8.0.

In step 3 the update stops with "Check for writeable config.php file. The HTTP process cannot write to the config.php file. Please try to change the permissions on this file to 777 until the upgrade process is complete".

The recommended change of file permissions to 0777 does not work. The CMSMS site documentation suggests permissions to be set at 0644 - that does not work either.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion!

Thank you
regards
Ole Carsten Pedersen
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Update to 2.2.16 stops with "check for writeable config.php file"

Post by DIGI3 »

Try a force refresh after fixing the permissions, or restart the installer in incognito/private mode, or another browser. This was fixed in recent installers but just on the off chance there's still some remnant of it.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to look at the owner of the config.php file and make sure it's the same, or in the same group, that php is running in. You may need to ask your host for help.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Update to 2.2.16 stops with "check for writeable config.php file"

Post by jce76350 »

> The recommended change of file permissions to 0777 does not work
Try file permissions to 0755
Jean-Claude Etiemble
ocp

Re: Update to 2.2.16 stops with "check for writeable config.php file" [solved]

Post by ocp »

Refreshing my Chrome browser (with Ctrl-F5) did the trick. Who would have thunk Chrome has a say in this?

Thanks DIGI3, for the prompt suggestion - and say hello to beautiful Victoria, BC. I visited 4 years ago and loved it.

Ole Carsten Pedersen
Copenhagen

Return to “CMSMS Core”