MicroTiny not showing WYSIWYG area after translation

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
gigicop
Forum Members
Forum Members

MicroTiny not showing WYSIWYG area after translation

Post by gigicop »

Hi,
I've just completed the translation of some modules in the translations center and I'm having a problem with the it_IT.php file of MicroTiny.
Here is what I do...
I download it from svn.cmsmadesimple.org/svn/translatecenter/ .
I upload it to the right directory which contains the old it_IT.php file. Of course I rename the old file before uploading the new file.
When I try to edit a page, the system does not display the WYSIWYG area but just a simple edit area with the html and the content of the page.
To check if I'm doing something wrong, I downloaded the french translation and I uploaded it after renaming it to it_IT.php and it works fine.
I translated again almost all the strings in the module in the hope that one or more characters may have corrupted the file, But it did not work either.
MicroTiny is2.2.4 and this happens with both CMSMS2.2.12, which contains the new full translation of the content manager made by me, and CMSMS 2.2.14 with standard translation of content manager which came with the installation file.
Can you help me? and can someone check the translation?
Thank in advance and I'm sorry for the trouble.

Gigi
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: MicroTiny not showing WYSIWYG area after translation

Post by velden »

Although my first thought is that it is a bug in CMSMS you can fix the problem now by double escaping single quotes as shown below (note the triple back-slashes:

Code: Select all

$lang['info_linker_autocomplete'] = 'Questo è un campo di autocompletamento. Inizia a digitare alcuni caratteri dell\\\'alias della pagina desiderata, del testo del menu o del titolo. Ogni elemento che corrisponda verrà mostrato in un elenco.';

$lang['mailto_image'] = 'Crea un\\\'immagine di mail';
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Filed a BR: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/12351

And while you're at it, I noticed a strange translation here:
2020-08-08 17_01_24-Window.png
\modules\ModuleManager\lang\ext\it_IT.php

$lang['installed']='Versione del modulo %s installata.';
gigicop
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gigicop »

Hi Velden,
yes, it works, but there is still another little problem. Now a backslash is displaied before the apostrophe. May be a double backslash is enough? I haven't tested this, yet.
Another question... I suppose that, if the translation will be added to a new version of MicroTiny or a new version of CMSMS, an italian user will have the same issue. Do you think I should change all the apostrophes with ' or something else while we are waiting for the solution of the bug?

As regards the ModuleManager, I must say that I haven't worked on it, yet. Anyway I've already fixed that strange translation. I'll start completing the translation of that module as soon as possible.

Thank you very very much for your help!

Bye.

Gigi
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Yes, I can see that it doesn't work well in all situations (didn't check).

That's why I think it is something that should be fixed in CMSMS. Chances are that when it's fixed in CMSMS the double escaped values will become problematic.

I haven't tried with '. You can do the checks yourself and see if it works well. I expect those entities to not be displayed properly in tooltips etc.
gigicop
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gigicop »

Hi Velden,
after some unsuccessful tests I'm afraid that I'll have to give up and wait for the solutions of the bug.
Here are my tests:
1 in the it_IT.php file I used "\\'" instead of "\\\'" = I couldn't access my admin page anymore.
2 in the translations center I used ' = the system converts it to "'" when saving the changes and to "\'" in the php file.
3 in the translations center I used &rsquot; = the system converts it to "’" and in the help windows of MicroTiny it displays for example "nell&rsquot;editor".
I have no other ideas for a temporary solution...
Thanks again Velden!
Ciao.
Gigi

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”