Updating admin password not working

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
jollyoner3

Updating admin password not working

Post by jollyoner3 »

Hi guys, trying to reset the admin password for a CMSMS installation its version 2 (not exactly sure of specifics!)

I've updated the details in the database manually, using various sql queries, even added a new user and none of it is working...

What on earth am i doing wrong?!

Many thanks
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Updating admin password not working

Post by DIGI3 »

The encryption and salting methods have changed periodically, so depending on the instructions you're following it might not work for your version.

I usually find it's easier to just make sure email is working, then use the "forgot password" functionality. You can change the user's email address to your own in the database if needed.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
jollyoner3

Post by jollyoner3 »

Thanks for the reply DIGI3, unfortunately the way the email is setup on the hosting this is going to be a real pain to get the forgotten password to work!

I did try that, but it seems that its just not going to work :(

Any other options?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Perhaps https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/cms-mad ... d-recovery could help, if that's not what you've already tried.

You could also copy the site to a host with proper email capability, reset the password, then copy it back. A bit of extra work but it sounds like you're desperate :)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

And double check config.php to make sure you're editing the right database. Not that it ever happened to me but ... ;)

Return to “CMSMS Core”