File manager in TinyMCE not working

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
reinhardmohr
Forum Members
Forum Members

File manager in TinyMCE not working

Post by reinhardmohr »

Hi,
could some help me with this problem – thanks!
I have installed a new system 2.2.13 and everything worked as expected. Now I installed TinyMCE 3.3.1 – but the file manager does not work as expected. Yes, I have changed the line in my htacces file to RedirectMatch 403 ^.*/modules/(?!TinyMCE/responsive_filemanager/filemanager/).*\.php$ . But whenever the popup-window for inserting an image comes up and I click on the icon for the file manager the expected window pops up containing NOT my file system but one of these junk webpages that offer domains (obviously it's the hoster's page, I just recognized).
So there seems to be something wrong with the file manager's basic setting – but I don't know where to find the solution.

MicroTiny works without a problem.

I checked and unchecked all settings in TinyMCE. I played around with config.php and with htaccess. I used both profiles that came with TinyMCE, I searched this forum …

If someone could give me a hint I'd be very thankful.
Thank you for helping
Reinhard
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: File manager in TinyMCE not working

Post by DIGI3 »

Is it possible that page is your host's default 403 (forbidden) page, and you're being blocked by mod_security?
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
reinhardmohr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by reinhardmohr »

Hi, DIGI3,
thanks for your help. This brought me to the right direction.
It was a bit of my lacking knowledge of Apache servers: I checked about mod_security, found out that the hoster obviously had strict rules and that this "popping-up junk page" was really his default 403 page.
So I called their support (and thankfully found someone competent!). The guy switched some settings and in a couple of minutes had found the problem:
I am developing the new website in a subfolder of the existing website. In the subfolder my htaccess did allow responsive filemanager. But the htaccess file in the root folder above it had no exception for the responsive file manager – so this htaccess file blocked it.
I added the line of code in the root folder's htaccess file and now TinyMCE and file manager work as expected.
Maybe someone who runs into the same problem can see this post and save some hours of work!

Thanks for helping
Reinhard
reinhardmohr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by reinhardmohr »

Hi, there is no edit button so I can't mark my original post as solved!
I know it sounds stupid – but could someone mark this post as solved – thank you!
(I had even tried different browsers; only my last post can be edited …)
Thanks
Reinhard

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”