Upgrading from 1.11 - module server error

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
kmesd62
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrading from 1.11 - module server error

Post by kmesd62 »

[Edited to enable BB Code]
Hi

This is probably outside the limits of support, but... I am trying to upgrade a 1.11.10 install [oops].

Have got stuck almost at the first step as the Module Manager is reporting "A problem occurred communicating with the module server".

As suggested in this and other posts, I've contact the host with a view to updating curl, but they have indicated "We might need to allow an outbound connection on our firewall to the module server. Can you ask the CMS support team the IP address and port number that is needed to connect to the module server? We can then allow this for you."

Pinging http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/ModuleRepo ... equest/v2/ (and variations of) generates a 'could not find host' error.

Hoping there are no issues with sharing it, what is the port and ip address of this module server?

System information is below [NB re the server db grants warning, as reported in other posts I have tried chmodding the module/upload directories etc. etc. but the problem reported above persists].

Thanks in advance

----------------------------------------------

Cms Version: 1.11.10

Installed Modules:

CMSMailer: 5.2.2
FileManager: 1.4.4
MenuManager: 1.8.6
ModuleManager: 1.5.5
News: 2.14.2
Printing: 1.1.2
Search: 1.7.11
TinyMCE: 2.9.12
Captcha: 0.4.6
CGExtensions: 1.38.8
JQueryTools: 1.0.10
FormBuilder: 0.7.3
CGCalendar: 1.13.4
FormBrowser: 0.4.2
LinkMgr: 1.5.1
CGGoogleMaps: 2.4.3
CGSimpleSmarty: 1.5.2
youtubeplayer: 1.3.1
Archiver: 0.2.4
CGContentUtils: 1.3
avplayer: 1.3.2
XMLMadeSimple: 0.0.6
CMSPrinting: 1.0.5
MicroTiny: 1.2.6

Config Information:

php_memory_limit:
process_whole_template:
max_upload_size: 128000000
url_rewriting: internal
page_extension:
query_var: page
image_manipulation_prog: GD
auto_alias_content: true
locale:
default_encoding: utf-8
admin_encoding: utf-8
set_names: true

Php Information:

phpversion: 5.6.40
md5_function: On (True)
gd_version: 2
tempnam_function: On (True)
magic_quotes_runtime: Off (False)
E_STRICT: 0
E_DEPRECATED: 0
memory_limit: 128M
max_execution_time: 60
output_buffering: On
safe_mode: Off (False)
file_uploads: On (True)
post_max_size: 128M
upload_max_filesize: 128M
session_save_path: /tmp (1777)
session_use_cookies: On (True)
xml_function: On (True)
xmlreader_class: On (True)

Server Information:

Server Api: cgi-fcgi
Server Db Type: MySQL (mysql)
Server Db Version: 10.1.35
Server Db Grants: Could not find a suitable "GRANT ALL" permission. This may mean you could have problems installing or removing modules. Or even adding and deleting items, including pages
Server Time Diff: No filesystem time difference found

----------------------------------------------
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Upgrading from 1.11 - module server error

Post by calguy1000 »

The module manager rest API requires a security key or it will return a 404. So you cannot test it directly that way.

That said, I am not sure if it is still compatible with v1.11. If memory serves me, it may not work with CMSMS 1.11 any more.

Which means you would need to download the xml files y or archives that you need directly from the forge.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Changes to the Forge in the past years have made it unavailable to some very old versions, it may not be an issue on your end. You may want to upgrade some modules manually - download them from the forge and either install the xml or unzip the file to the module directory.

I think you'll also need to find alternatives to a few unsupported modules, too. I haven't checked, but I have a feeling these modules may not have versions compatible with 2.x:
youtubeplayer
archiver
avplayer
xmlmadesimple

for video players I usually just use LISE and built my own.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
kmesd62
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by kmesd62 »

Thanks guys for the advice...
I bit the bullet and upgraded module XML manually and eventually got the core to version 2.2.10, so am back to 'push-button upgrades' - happy days!
A salutary lesson in letting a core version drop too far behind the current release!
As noted, still a few snags to sort in terms of youtubeplayer and avplayer.
Thanks again for your help.

Return to “CMSMS Core”