no menumanager anymore?

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

no menumanager anymore?

Post by thomahawk »

Hi

I just upgraded an old 1.x cmsms to the actual 2.2.10 and it worked fine, except for php errors in backend under php7.2 or 7.3. I use 7.0 for now, and errors went away.

On Frontend I have one problem: The menus do not work.

I then could not find a menu manager anymore. Tried to get into website admin > module manager, but the page was nont accessible.
I am shure, I checked after the cmsms 1.12.1 upgrade, that all modules were actualized, and they were. But after upgrade to 2.2.10, no access to module manager anymore.
I removed all modules from the module folder, that do not come with cmsms 2.x (I compared it with another install). And the ModuleManager page came up.

But as soon as I put in the MenuManager folder, it stops working again.

What now? Menu Manager in module downloads says its stalled in development. So, no menumanager in cmsms 2.x ?

Regards
Thom
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: no menumanager anymore?

Post by thomahawk »

I installed a new MenuManager folder and the ModuleManager now continues to work. However, in it, the listing of the MenuManage v1.50.3 is markes yellow as deprecated.

On Frontend, the menu still does not work. Does this mean the menumanager as a whole does not work? Suppose so, because I do not have access anywhere to manage the menus.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Menumanager still works, it sounds like your upgrade didn't complete successfully. You might be able to switch the menus to use Navigator instead, but I'd be worried that there's other problems too. If Module Manager doesn't work, then something is wrong.

I'd consider restoring from backup and following all of the upgrade steps carefully. In 1.x you need to do each interim version, and make some changes along the way. Make a backup at 1.12.2, then do the 2.2.10 upgrade. Watch carefully to make sure each step completes properly with no warnings - if something doesn't look right, try to figure out why, then restore the backup and run it again.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Well, I made it up to working 1.12.1 again.

I fear the next step.

What I can say is that the official Phar cmsms-2.2.10-install.php does not work. Despite that all Phar functions are active on that server, I only get error. I had to use the cmsms-2.2.10-install.expanded.zip installer.

And some folders were noted red as "not being able to delete".
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

This is the error when I try to install with the PHAR installer

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PharException' with message 'phar "/www/htdocs/w00a2836/domain.com/cmsms-2.2.10-install.php" SHA1 signature could not be verified: broken signature' in /www/htdocs/w00a2836/domain.com/cmsms-2.2.10-install.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w00a2836/domain.com/cmsms-2.2.10-install.php(8): Phar::webPhar(NULL, 'index.php') #1 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/w00a2836/domain.com/cmsms-2.2.10-install.php on line 8
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

That's why release the expanded. There's a few server environments and PHP versions which have bugs interfering with proper phar operation.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

This has been asked and answered numerous times.
A search of this error message would have found the error.

Additionally, the answer to this is in the README file that is embedded in the zip.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Thank you DIGI3 for your nice attendance.

Unfortunately, even after doing the installation of 2.2.10 again, and this time without any error whatsoever, the MenuManager is not working.

Will have to hard code the menu into the template. Makes the cms basically superfluous.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Well Navigator would be a better option than hardcoded, but you do you.

The fact that Module Manager isn't working should be resolved before doing any further work though - that's either an upgrade or database issue. We'd need to see what sort of errors are in the admin and error logs to try to diagnose the issue though.

Return to “CMSMS Core”