Check for writeable config file

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Streamer

Check for writeable config file

Post by Streamer »

Trying to upgrade to 2.2.10.

"Check for writeable config file
The HTTP process cannot write to the config.php file. Please try to change the permissions on this file to 777 until the upgrade process is complete"

I have set chmod 777 config.php its -rwxrwxrwx but still the same error.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Check for writeable config file

Post by DIGI3 »

It may be an ownership issue rather than permission. You'd need to see what user PHP/phar is running as and compare it to the owner of the config.php file. It's possible you'll need to contact your host for assistance if you don't have shell access.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Also in rare cases I've also seen that problem come up when there's other non-writable files in the site directory. I don't know if that's still a thing, but worth checking.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Streamer

Post by Streamer »

Thanks for the reply. I have shell access, how do I check what user PHP/phar is running?
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

777 should be good.

Make sure the browser is refreshed, or start the upgrade from another (incognito) browser.
SpringSummer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by SpringSummer »

I had the same issue. Was using Firefox. Triplechecked config.php was 777, but was getting the same message.
Then I switched to Chromium. Error message went away!
What I suspect is the issue is that on Chronium a pop-up dialog was shown, something like "are you sure you want to proceed yes no", which I DID NOT see on Firefox.
Also I run a crapload of blocking extensions that block scripts and ads and whatnot, so Firefox is heavily "broken" on purpose on many websites. Are you running such blocking utilities (like NoScript, etc)?

Return to “CMSMS Core”