FEU content Viewers (Groups) don't save / work

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
luksl

FEU content Viewers (Groups) don't save / work

Post by luksl »

I've just installed FrontEndUsers-2.12.7 (+ CGExtensions-1.61.5, CGSimpleSmarty-2.2.1).

I need to show different content to different groups of front end users.

So I created user groups and add users to different groups as is described here. Then I created Protected content page and choose group in Viewers tab. (described for example here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69649&p=312983&hil ... rs#p312983)

It seems that set group is not saved in Protected content page - when I open it again the chosen and saved group before is not marked.

But anyway, protected content pages are being showed to any of logged front end users no matter what group they belong to and no matter what group I've chosen or is marked in Protected page tab Viewers.

Is it a bug or I dont understand how it should work?

Thank you beforehand.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: FEU content Viewers (Groups) don't save / work

Post by DIGI3 »

Looks to be a bug, I can recreate it. I'll do a bit more testing then file a bug report.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
luksl

Post by luksl »

DIGI3 wrote:Looks to be a bug, I can recreate it. I'll do a bit more testing then file a bug report.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

It's an important feature in some cases of deployment.
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

I've just found the same issue.

I haven't found the route cause of the bug, but initially it looks to me that in Admin/Content Manager it is not writing anything to the DB for the group selected on the Viewers Tab for protected content. (I have my suspicions about the empty! Content property __feu_date__(misnamed!, should it contain an array of group IDs ?).

Therefore in Front End, for a signed-in user it finds no group restrictions so the logic flow allows viewing to any and all signed in users.

I'm using CMS2.2.9.1 on PHP7.3

I am using FEU 2.12.6 (tried 2.12.7 but due to the "access denied" when editing a Group's properties bug, 2.12.7 is unusable)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Bug is fixed in SVN.
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

Just checked an old CMS1.10 FEU1.16.6

which correctly does

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO dtnown_content_props ( content_id, type, prop_name, param1, param2, param3, content, modified_date ) VALUES ( '57','string','__feu_date__','','','','a:1:{s:6:\"groups\";a:1:{i:0;s:1:\"1\";}}','2019-03-14 11:35:32' ) 
whereas FEU 2.12.6/7 doesn't

So issue may be in class.feu_protected_page.php ?
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

Thanks DIGI3

where in the SVN is FEU ? - the SVN browse link in the Download/Modules/FEU is a dead end

http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/listin ... h=%2F&sc=0
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I'm not sure Calguy's svn is public, but he releases updates quite regularly to his major modules like FEU.
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

I see that FEU 2.13 has been release; so many thanks for fixing this and doing so, so quickly. FEU 2.13 depends upon CGExtensions 1.62

But as soon as I click on User Management/Frontend User Management in admin it throws a fatal error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function is_frontend_request() on null in /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/CGExtensions/CGExtensions.module.php:551 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/FrontEndUsers/FrontEndUsers.module.php(639): CGExtensions->DoAction('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '') #1 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1479): FrontEndUsers->DoAction('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '') #2 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/admin/moduleinterface.php(74): CMSModule->DoActionBase('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '', Object(Smarty_CMS)) #3 {main} thrown in /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/CGExtensions/CGExtensions.module.php on line 551
cmsms2.2.9.1 php7.3 FEU2.13 CGE1.62

I'll submit a bug report on CGE too
luksl

Post by luksl »

MantaPro wrote:I see that FEU 2.13 has been release; so many thanks for fixing this and doing so, so quickly. FEU 2.13 depends upon CGExtensions 1.62

But as soon as I click on User Management/Frontend User Management in admin it throws a fatal error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function is_frontend_request() on null in /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/CGExtensions/CGExtensions.module.php:551 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/FrontEndUsers/FrontEndUsers.module.php(639): CGExtensions->DoAction('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '') #1 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1479): FrontEndUsers->DoAction('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '') #2 /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/admin/moduleinterface.php(74): CMSModule->DoActionBase('defaultadmin', 'm1_', Array, '', Object(Smarty_CMS)) #3 {main} thrown in /homepages/38/d242029264/htdocs/apemtp_cmsms2/modules/CGExtensions/CGExtensions.module.php on line 551
cmsms2.2.9.1 php7.3 FEU2.13 CGE1.62

I'll submit a bug report on CGE too
I came accross the same problem when I just deleted the old FrontEndUsers and copied the new one into modules folder.

So I put back formerly installed version of FrontEndUsers. Uninstalled FrontEndUsers and CGExtensions, upgraded to latest version of CMS Made Simple, installed latest CGExtensions and FrontEndUsers and everything seems to be ok.
luksl

Post by luksl »

DIGI3 wrote:I'm not sure Calguy's svn is public, but he releases updates quite regularly to his major modules like FEU.
It seems to be ok now - after upgrading to lates versions of CMS MS, CGExtensions and FrontEndUsers.

Thanks a lot for resolution. :)
MantaPro
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MantaPro »

Thanks Luksi for the update

Sounds like the minimum CMS version set for the latest versions of FEU & CGE ought to be CMS 2.2.10

Will give it a try soon ......

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”