Can't install 2.2.9.1

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Can't install 2.2.9.1

Post by postiffm »

I put the installation php into public_html as I am always accustomed to doing, then I run it from my browser and get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PharException' with message 'phar "/home/user/public_html/cmsms-2.2.9.1-install.php" SHA1 signature could not be verified: broken signature' in /home/user/public_html/cmsms-2.2.9.1-install.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/public_html/cmsms-2.2.9.1-install.php(8): Phar::webPhar(NULL, 'index.php') #1 {main} thrown in /home/user/public_html/cmsms-2.2.9.1-install.php on line 8

Tried a couple more times to download and upload the installer, no change. I am upgrading from 2.2.9 running on php 5.6.37 at bluehost.

I upgraded another site on another hosting service (a2hosting) on php 5.6.40, and it worked just fine.

I will report back if I find out anything more. Hopefully it is some dumb error on my end...
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Can't install 2.2.9.1

Post by DIGI3 »

Try uploading the zip and unzipping it on the server, rather than uploading the php file directly.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] Can't install 2.2.9.1

Post by postiffm »

Tried it on a different computer. Double checked that I was in binary mode in FileZilla, and it worked. I'll post back if I find out what was going on.

Thanks DIGI3...I don't have command-line access on this host, so I'm not sure if I can do that.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Can't install 2.2.9.1

Post by velden »

The file manager of cPanel allows for uploading and extracting zip files.

IIRC your using cPanel.

Return to “CMSMS Core”