Multilingual site

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
CMSuser22

Multilingual site

Post by CMSuser22 »

Hello,

Upgrading from 1.10.6 to 2.2.9.1,
Anyone can send me link to the last working instructions how to made multilingual site for 2.x?
Sorry, can't find them here.

Thank you in advance:)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Multilingual site

Post by DIGI3 »

There's various ways. The Eridu module is fairly straight forward, instructions are in the documentation. It's good for a relatively complex site, especially with multiple domains.

For simple sites you can just use some basic Smarty and javascript, but I don't know if there's currently any tutorials out there. I'll keep that in mind for a future newsletter post or something.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
CMSuser22

Re: Multilingual site

Post by CMSuser22 »

Hello,

Here is other useful way except Eridu
https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/multili ... ade-simple
Can't made it with Simplex, but it's work with old themes, need to learn more about 2.x.x.

However,
I was thinking if it was possible developers to make one page '"How-To"' /it was in old documentation for 1.x.x/ for people who are not developers and need CMSMS for personal use or small business?
Something like this /Fast start-up guide/, especially for Simplex

1. Pretty URL
2. Change Logo
3. Change size, colour, height..etc for your frontpage
4. Footer and how to stop links bellow.
5. Change Banner for Higher End.
6. Multilingual site

That will allow people who are not developers to set up new site very fast.
Now i was looking for my old site and documentation to remember how to do it. CMSMS is getting more complicated / with old 1.10.3 i made for hours my site/

and make it easy like - Open here- after that go there and type this on row 66 ... div.....
With more small details like where exactly to place changes, HTML, tags...etc. - in Core, in Genetic... and where below, down, after that...

and if you make Multilingual / ''BI'' will be enough/ site part of the Core will be perfect / all people from outside English countries need it/

CMSMS is just fine, with my site never had any problems, set up and forgot:)

Best regards,

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”