YoastSEO for CMSMS?

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

YoastSEO for CMSMS?

Post by cjcollen »

Recently, I have been reading up on all things SEO on the internet.

I first came across YoastSEO a long time ago when I was considering using WordPress as a cms. Then I discovered CMSMS and my decision was made to carry on with the latter for several reasons that I wont go into here.

But my recent SEO excursions lead me to the great YoastSEO site with all its informative articles. I had always thought that their world-famous seo plugin was for WP only but its not, apparently. Their site has a page which starts with the following:

Yoast’s mission is simple: SEO for everyone. Everyone should be able to build a search engine friendly website and optimize its content. So, if you want your platform to have an official Yoast SEO plugin/extension: we’re up for that! In fact, because a large part of Yoast SEO relies on JavaScript which runs in the browser, it’s not even that much work!

Here's the link to that page.

https://yoast.com/yoast-seo-platforms/your-platform/

So, has anyone discovered whether the good people at Yoast would consider making a plugin for CMSMS?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: YoastSEO for CMSMS?

Post by DIGI3 »

I think it's definitely worth looking into, and something I've looked at before but haven't addressed.

I don't think they are offering to write the module for us, we would need to do that then they would assist with any integration needs. At least, that's my understanding.

Ideally, the community would sponsor this module but I'm not sure I see that happening, as the agencies tend to use their own SEO techniques, and the individual users don't want to/can't pay.

That said, I will discuss further with the dev team as I see this as a good way to keep users from switching to other systems.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
cjcollen
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by cjcollen »

That said, I will discuss further with the dev team as I see this as a good way to keep users from switching to other systems.
That's good news, DIGI3
jackstone

Post by jackstone »

cjcollen wrote:Recently, I have been reading up on all things SEO on the internet.

I first came across YoastSEO a long time ago when I was considering using WordPress as a cms. Then I discovered CMSMS and my decision was made to carry on with the latter for several reasons that I wont go into here.

But my recent SEO excursions lead me to the great YoastSEO site with all its informative articles. I had always thought that their world-famous seo plugin was for WP only but its not, apparently. Their site has a page which starts with the following:

Yoast’s mission is simple: SEO for everyone. Everyone should be able to build a search engine friendly website and optimize its content. So, if you want your platform to have an official Yoast SEO plugin/extension: we’re up for that! In fact, because a large part of Yoast SEO relies on JavaScript which runs in the browser, it’s not even that much work!

Here's the link to that page.

https://yoast.com/yoast-seo-platforms/your-platform/

So, has anyone discovered whether the good people at Yoast would consider making a plugin for CMSMS?
I prefer Yoast because is simply :)
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

Contacted YoastSEO this week, this is their reply unfortunately:
Thanks for the email! We are always developing Yoast SEO for other platforms. However, at this moment we have Yoast SEO for WordPress. So the platform must be WordPress. If and when we build a version for other sites, that has not yet been decided upon. In the meantime, we suggest signing up for our newsletter here so you can be made aware of any new updates or changes: https://yoast.com/newsletter/.
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

...We are always developing Yoast SEO for other platforms.
However, at this moment we have Yoast SEO for WordPress.
So the platform must be WordPress...
Uhh, what???? ::)
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You can have any colour you like, as long as its black.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

Joost himself now contacted us directly, will report back if there is news.

Return to “General Discussion”