Line 110, Column 177: there is no attribute "placeholder"

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gianpiero »

Good afternoon all, sorry for my bad english

I'm becoming crazy with my 2.8.8 with a minor detail that i would like to resolve. I'm trying to validate my site with

http://validator.w3.org/

I have only one error:

Code: Select all

…searchinput" name="meb92fsearchinput" size="20" maxlength="50" placeholder=""/>

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
that is relative to {search}. I removed {search} from my template and the error disappears.

I'm using a template derivate from "Left simple navigation + 1 column", with minor modification, but {search} is the default one

Code: Select all

{* Start Search, the input "Submit" is using an image, CSS: input.search-button *}
     <div id="search"> 
       {Search}
     </div> 
{* End Search *}
I can't unterstand where the string name="meb92fsearchinput" is coming from, I can't find it anywhere in my stylesheets or templates, I checked also with Admin search in my admin panel and into the database but meb92fsearchinput seems to not exist

Any help is appreciated for this, I love CMSMS , thanks :)

Gianpiero
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Line 110, Column 177: there is no attribute "placeholder

Post by DIGI3 »

It comes from the Search Form template (whichever is the default for your Design).

Placeholder is a valid html5 attribute, the Left Simple design is very outdated so probably is using an older doctype. You may want to look at updating your page template(s) to html5 rather than removing the placeholder attribute from the search template.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gianpiero »

Ok DIGI3, thanks for you reply

So you suggest to create a new template "my_new_search" with associated style and css, instead of using {Search} i will insert my
{include file='cms_template:my_new_search'}

At this moment I can't understand that the template "Search Form Sample" seems to be attached to my design, while is not in the list of Design manager

27 Search Form Sample Search::Search Form None

I will go on building a new search form :)

Regards, Gianpiero

edit: I realized that "Search Form Sample" is the default template for its template type ::)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Not really what I'm suggesting, no. You could either remove the placeholder parameter from the search form, or you could update your page template(s) to be html5.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gianpiero »

DIGI3 thanks one more

I removed yesterday the placeholder, with no other modification and the site passed the WC3. It's enough for me now :)

Return to “CMSMS Core”