Errors after SSL Certificate Installation

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
kerryshamblin
Forum Members
Forum Members

Errors after SSL Certificate Installation

Post by kerryshamblin »

Thanks in advance for any help. My version is 2.2.8. It happens in the admin panel and the front end. I'm getting these errors when I visit new pages on fresh browser (but I can refresh the page and they go away; still looks bad!):

Warning: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300

Warning: fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://www.finnriver.com:443 (Unknown error) in /home/finnriver/webapps/finnriver_cms2/modules/CmsJobManager/CmsJobManager.module.php on line 300
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Errors after SSL Certificate Installation

Post by calguy1000 »

It quite obviously means that the server cannot verify the certificate that is specified for your SSL connection.

I think this may be caused by:
a: server configuration (maybe the server cannot read the certificate, or can't do outgoing connections to verify the validity of the certificate)
or
b: using a self-signed certificate
- if this is the case, there may be a php configuration option you can change to disable verification of the certificate.

I have used purchased SSL certificates and free certificates from letsencrypt with no difficulties.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
kerryshamblin
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Errors after SSL Certificate Installation

Post by kerryshamblin »

Thank you, Calguy. I worked with the web host to resolve the issue. It wasn't a self-signed certificate issue, I didn't have the proper intermediate certificate installed. Once again, not a CMSMS issue!

Return to “CMSMS Core”