Changing contact form receipt email address

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
courtneymason123

Changing contact form receipt email address

Post by courtneymason123 »

Hi there,

Our company uses CMS Made Simple™ 1.11.4 “Fernandina”, and we are currently trying to change the email address that receives online submissions from our website contact form.

Please can someone advise how to do this? The only email address setting I can and have changed is the content on the page. I cannot find the actual form in the editing pages?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Changing contact form receipt email address

Post by DIGI3 »

It depends what module, if any, you're using for the contact form. Most likely it's FormBuilder, so you'd go to that module first, edit the form you're using, then update the mailto disposition.

This is also where we have to point out that you're running an extremely outdated version of CMSMS, with known security vulnerabilities. Now would be a good time to consider upgrading.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
courtneymason123

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I can't see any modules that contain a contact form at all.. Only the standard page editor/wysiwyg editor.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

I think you might not have a full admin account so you can only see/manage a subset of all the installed features and modules.
courtneymason123

Hi,

I am on the admin setting. Please can you advise if there is any other way of changing this?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

We can't really advise you how to change it when we can't see how the form is created. If it's in FormBuilder, then you need to make the change in FormBuilder. If it's within the page template, you edit it there. It may be an external form handler, so then you'd change it there. It could even be a third party site in an iFrame.

Provide us with as much information as you can, perhaps a link to the site at the very least. If you still can't figure it out, you may need to hire someone and provide them with the cmsms and/or hosting credentials to have a look.
courtneymason123

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your response. Please see the link to the website: http://www.cinqueltd.co.uk/contact-us The email on the page is correct, however, upon submitting the form the email address is set up to an old address (please do not submit anything). . I can't see anything when inspecting the element, maybe some can see something I can't?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

This is a FormBuilder form, so the changes would be made by going to Extensions > FormBuilder, then editing the appropriate form.

If you don't see FormBuilder in the backend, then you don't have the correct permissions to do so. You'll need to either obtain a full administrator account, or manipulate your account level in the database.
courtneymason123

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your help. I am fairly new to the company and the person that organised the website being created through CMS made simple no longer works here. Who do I contact regarding changing this?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

At the bottom right of your site is a link to the developer, Web Design Winchester.

If they can't help, it will probably require making a change in the database to find and reset the admin account. For this you'll need access to the host (we can't help you with this) and someone comfortable with backing up and making changes to a database (we can help you with this - see https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/support/hire-a-dev/ or the 'Help Wanted' forum).

Return to “CMSMS Core”