Missing 'Template types/Prototypes after Upgrade to 2.2.7

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Missing 'Template types/Prototypes after Upgrade to 2.2.7

Post by joolsr »

I've now more or less successfully upgraded to 2.2.7

But I have issues with templates where some of these werent imported somehow, ie News and search modules

For now i've commented out the Template i'm using that uses these but I can't see to add 'Template Type/Prototype' to the existing ones as I have no buttons to Import or add a New one.

I'm actually missing quite a few as I only have these showing..

2 Core::Generic
1 Core::Page
4 Navigator::Breadcrumbs
3 Navigator::Navigation

I installed a fresh copy of CMSMS and can see there should be eleven of these template types.

How can I add them? Can importing other Templates fix this ? Or am i better to move my install to the fresh one and use that instead? both installs are on 2.2.7 now.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Missing 'Template types/Prototypes after Upgrade to 2.2.

Post by DIGI3 »

Sounds like something didn't go well in the database. If it's not that big of a site, I'd consider copying the content and templates over to the new install. If there's a lot of pages, you can use CGContentUtilities to export and import the content. If it's just a few, copy and paste them.

It may be possible to import templates of those types and see if it fixes it, but who knows what else may have gone wrong.. might be better to start fresh.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Missing 'Template types/Prototypes after Upgrade to 2.2.

Post by joolsr »

In the end, I tried something else which did work. I removed the News and Search modules, then reinstalld them.

Now This is a bit of a silly idea as it does trash all preferences and data within that module, but in my case I wanted to refresh the templates for these. Search worked fine, News did too, but did lose all my news items.

Fortunately I had a backup of my DB elsewhere so used phpmyadmin to export the sql for these and reimport this into the live site. I had to remove part of the creating primary key sql but it all worked fine ..

Return to “CMSMS Core”