When using PHAR upgrade to vers2 old install isnt found

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

When using PHAR upgrade to vers2 old install isnt found

Post by joolsr »

Hello

I'm following the guide carefully https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/to-cmsms-2.x

and have updated to 1.12.2 and have removed unwanted templates and stylesheets.

When i try running mysite/cmsms-2.2.7-install.php/index.php I get to the first step, and choose simple mode. But On Step 2 the script doesn't find the previous install ie

We did not find an installation of CMS Made Simple in this directory. It looks like this is a new installation

This folder already contains some files and/or subfolders. Though it is possible to install CMSMS here, it may inadvertantely corrupt an existing application. Please double check the contents of this folder. For reference purposes some of the files are listed below. Please ensure that this is correct.

I am running the phar script from the root of the web server and the site is running on vers 1.12 fine. Could it be a permissions issue?

When it says that there are some files and folders already in that folder this is correct they are CMSmadesimple folders amongst others .

This install is one I took over and was originally installed about 2009, so there is a degree of cruft in there too which may be messing up the detection routine.

Any ideas?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: When using PHAR upgrade to vers2 old install isnt found

Post by DIGI3 »

It looks like it is, but you have the installer in the same directory as the root cmsms install, correct? Like, you don't have cmsms installed in a subdirectory?

I guess it could be a permissions thing but the fact you were able to upgrade to 1.12.2 implies that there's nothing too unusual.

Perhaps Calguy or someone who knows more about how the installer checks for the existing version will be able to offer more ideas.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joolsr »

Hi

Yes the PHP installer is in the root of the web server files for this site.

Do you have any other ideas at all ? I really wanted to get this updated whilst it was quiet but hit this unexpected blocker
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

When I read the code of the (expanded) installer I think one of the checks below fails.

Code: Select all

if( !$dir ) return;
        if( !is_dir($dir.'/modules') ) return;
        if( !is_file($dir.'/version.php') && !is_file("$dir/lib/version.php") ) return;
        if( !is_file($dir.'/include.php') && !is_file("$dir/lib/include.php") ) return;
        if( !is_file($dir.'/config.php') ) return;
        if( !is_file($dir.'/moduleinterface.php') ) return;
Although it's hard to believe you have a working CMSMS install with one of those files/folders missing you might double check they exist.

You could also try the expanded installer and see if it does work for you.
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joolsr »

thanks for this

It appears that these files are missing:-

/lib/version.php
/lib/include.php

I guess I need to get these from the full installer for this older version? Or does it matter what is in the files apart from the fact they are prsent?
joolsr
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joolsr »

That seems to have fixed it! Why those files were missing is very bizarre.

Upgrade to 2.2.7 complete. I ahve some other issues relating to almost all pages with an error saying

ERROR: The page XXXXX Refers to a template with id 2 That was not found in the database

How can I fix this ?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Probably due to template naming, they can no longer have spaces or special characters in them.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”