Install won't allow blank MySQL password....

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
artpoetryfiction

Install won't allow blank MySQL password....

Post by artpoetryfiction »

I have a brand new EasyPHP install with a default root MySQL password that is blank. CMSMS installer won't continue unless I enter a password that simply doesn't exist... Why? How can I proceed?

I just need to get up and running to verify if this tool will work for me.

Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Install won't allow blank MySQL password....

Post by DIGI3 »

As far as I know, 2.x requires a database password, I don't think there's any workaround.

Can you not create a new database with a password and use that?
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
artpoetryfiction

Post by artpoetryfiction »

Not really a question of can or can not... more a question of why can't I quickly get setup so I can just test the product features. Too many hoops to jump through!

Thanks.
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

If I'm reading this right (I'm not familiar with your test environment) but CMSMS shouldn't ever ask for the MySQL's root password -- that's what you'd use to manage databases via phpMyAdmin or the MySQL command line.

So, the first step is to create a database for the CMSMS site - this will have a username with non-blank password and sufficient rights to manipulate the database. Step two is run the CMSMS installer. So, two hoops.

Step three is infinite :)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Pretty sure any CMS will require you to create a database. I don't know if they all require a password on it, but it's common sense to have one.

If you're just looking to kick the tires and not jump through all of these two hoops, there's a pre-installed demo at https://www.softaculous.com/demos/CMS_Made_Simple
Admin login instructions are at the top right.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”