version 1.11.4 --> 2.2.7

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
jfijen

version 1.11.4 --> 2.2.7

Post by jfijen »

Hi,

I'm a relative n00b to CMSMS and have just taken on the glorious task of managing a website for one of my clients, my predecessor has neglected any and all updates of the website and so as we speak it runs on CMSMS 1.11.4 which was published in 2012.
Obviously, there are a lot of things not working as they should, and I am currently taking inventory of what needs to be done. AFAIK I need to update version to version until I reach 2.2.7 but I was wondering if this is correct? Or if there is another (faster) way to get this site up to speed?
Again, I am a complete n00b when it comes to CMSMS, I am very experienced in many other CMS and also PHP and MYSQL.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: version 1.11.4 --> 2.2.7

Post by DIGI3 »

An upgrade is definitely important, but it may not fix "things not working" so it might be best to do a bit of troubleshooting first. Ideally you want to get the site working properly, then do the upgrade. This isn't always possible (say, for example, the host upgraded the PHP version to a newer one than supported by 1.11.x).

When you are ready to upgrade, just be sure to check the steps at https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions (luckily you only have a couple to do - I'd go to 1.11.13 then 1.12.2, then 2.2.7)

Depending upon which third party modules are installed and the amount of customization, the upgrade process can be very simple or quite a lot of work. Make backups of the files and DB each step.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”