TinyMCE problems

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

TinyMCE problems

Post by stonebridge »

Hello all.

During my problems with a hosting company that had migrated my site, I have had many problems that I am slowly resolving. I am also trying to prepare for an upgrade path to the latest version. There have been numerous issues, including module issues, etc.

Now I see that the editor has disappeared from the admin panel for pages. I am presently using version 1.11.11. Can someone suggest what to do?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: TinyMCE problems

Post by DIGI3 »

-Check the javascript console and your error logs.
-Clear your browser cache or use incognito mode to rule out a cached script issue
-Try uninstalling and reinstalling the module, making sure it's a version compatible with 1.11.11 (look at the release dates of TinyMCE and match them roughly with the release date of your cmsms version).
-Make sure your host isn't using mod_security.
-See if the problem is still there with default (core) templates.

Additionally, you could just continue upgrading and not worry about it, and/or switch to MicroTiny in the meantime to see if that helps. In 2.x, MicroTiny is a core module, and TinyMCE is third party.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

My apologies - I just realized that it is actually microTiny that is installed. Dos this change anything?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's hard for us to know, we generally don't have test environments that old available. Try the aforementioned troubleshooting steps and see where you end up.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

Okay. Where do I find instructions on how to install a module? I think I will roll back to tinymce - it seems that works in my sandbox version, but from the repository, there are no instructions for installing a zip file, and the xml file just shows code in my browser when I click on that file reference in the repository.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You can either import the xml into module manager, or unzip the .zip file into your /modules folder, then install it in module manager. Uninstalling is also done in module manager, or you can temporarily remove a module by renaming its folder in the file system.

Docs for version 1.x can still be found at https://docs1.cmsmadesimple.org, but note that we do not provide support for it. Only the latest two versions are supported.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

You can either import the xml into module manager, or unzip the .zip file into your /modules folder, then install it in module manager.
This address:

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/project/files/12#package-7

Does not allow downloads of the XML file, as I alluded to in a previous post.

Uploading and unzipping the file does not make the file available in module manager. I have tried.

So, can I somehow copy the xml code into notepad then change the extention to XML? It shows XML code in the browser window, but wont download as an xml file. I have also tried different browsers.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It certainly does allow downloading of the xml file. Right click, save as. I'm a bit worried that you don't know how to do that, but are developing websites.

Unzipping the file in /modules does make it available in Module Manager, but you may need to clear the cmsms cache and/or force refresh your browser. Not usually necessary, but worth a shot. Unless you actually mean you were looking for it in File Manager and not Module Manager, in which case you're in the wrong place.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

Well, when I tried to upload the xml file, I got this:
Error No file was uploaded. To install a module via XML you must choose and upload an module .xml file from your computer.

(empty tmp_name)
Error Error parsing XML file. Please make sure you are uploading a .xml file and not a .tar.gz or zip file.
I have been developing websites for 10 years - I have about 15 websites now, some for others. Not a single problem, and when there is one, I take care of it without input from other cms developers. This CMS has always been a challenge.

I used another clean browser and the extracted zip file was a no go. I will check versions next. Not sure why it didnt show up in the module manager.

Well, version 2.9.6 didnt work. Apparently there is some format issue with the xml. When I installed 2.9.12, it worked.

Thanks for that... Now I just need to get the form working, and if that happens, its on with the upgrade.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”