Unable to set site live!!

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
mhoefman

Unable to set site live!!

Post by mhoefman »

Hi all,
I've setup a complete site and showed a maintenance page meanwhile. Now the site is ready for launch but I can't switch off maintenance-mode on Site Admin > Settings - Global Settings > Maintenance Mode TAB.
When I change the setting and try to submit it gives me a 404 message: Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Maybe a DB field I can set manually? I have to get this site live ASAP...

Thanks in advance.

Gr. Marco
mhoefman

Re: Unable to set site live!!

Post by mhoefman »

Found the DB workaround alright... in the cmsm_siteprefs there's a field named 'enablesitedownmessage'. Setting it's value to 0 did the trick. Still not sure what causes the page to give a 404 on submit.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Hi Marco,

Two things to check:

Database: table 'cms_siteprefs' -> column 'sitepref_name': 'enablesitedownmessage' should be 0

File system: \tmp\cache file 'SITEDOWN' should not exist.

Further: 404 error on this action makes me suspect your hosting server has mod_security enabled for your domain. Expect to face more problems if this module is enabled/too strict. Consider asking your hosting provider to disable/loosen it.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Almost definitely mod_security. That happens on my host if I don't disable it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “CMSMS Core”