Form Submissions

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Form Submissions

Post by brentnl »

Hi,

Now that formbrowser isn't supported any longer for CMSMS 2.0+ , I was wondering what's the best way to capture form submissions?

I use jotform.com now and then, but some of my clients don't want to pay extra for Jotform, which is needed to remove there advertising banners.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Form Submissions

Post by velden »

I don't know about FormBrowser whether it's supported or not.

Though I do know it's possible to save to a LISE instance but it will require a little programming knowledge. Here you will find an somewhat outdated article about this method. It's written for ListIt2 (predecessor of LISE) but it might help anyway. https://www.i-do-this.com/blog/FormBuil ... xtended/57

CGBetterForms and CGBFCrud might be an option too (I personally never used CGBFCrud)
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

brentnl wrote:Hi,

Now that formbrowser isn't supported any longer for CMSMS 2.0+ , I was wondering what's the best way to capture form submissions?
It is supported and afaik works fine on CMSMS 2.x. Not sure where you got that idea from.
And of course, there are also the alternatives mentioned by velden.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by brentnl »

Jo Morg wrote:
brentnl wrote:Hi,

It is supported and afaik works fine on CMSMS 2.x. Not sure where you got that idea from.
And of course, there are also the alternatives mentioned by velden.
I read a comment from 'Rolf' in this topic, where he said he failed to get it to work with CMSMS 2.x, so that's why ;)
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

brentnl wrote:I read a comment from 'Rolf' in this topic, where he said he failed to get it to work with CMSMS 2.x, so that's why ;)
Posted: 12 Feb 2016 15:58
:P

Well, do try and if you run into troubles let me know, or fill a BR on the forge.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by brentnl »

Mh ok, I will try Formbuilder once again.. but in the mean time I'm started to get used to CGBetterForms which seem to me to be the better option. Or at least it's pretty straight forward, therefore it's easy to implement bootstrap-elements for example.

Only now another problem occurred; I've also installed CGBFCrud, but when I add 'Save submission to CGBFCrud' as a handler of a form, I get a HTTP ERROR 500... There are no bug-reports in the forge.. any suggestions?

DEBUG MODE

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function GetGroupList() on null in /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/modules/CGBFCrud/lib/class.DBDispositionEditor.php:55 Stack trace: #0 /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/modules/CGBetterForms/action.admin_edit_disposition.php(23): CGBFCrud\DBDispositionEditor->handle_edit_form(Array, Object(CGBetterForms\Form), '28F96792-036F-4...', '') #1 /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1415): include('/home/deb52506n...') #2 /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/modules/CGExtensions/CGExtensions.module.php(598): CMSModule->DoAction('admin_edit_disp...', 'm1_', Array, '') #3 /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/lib/classes/class.CMSModule.php(1489): CGExtensions->DoAction('admin_edit_disp...', 'm1_', Array, '') #4 /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/admin/moduleinterface.php(76): CMSModule->DoActionBase('admin_edit_disp...', 'm1_', Array, '', Object(Smarty_CMS)) #5 {main} thrown in /home/user/domains/domain.nl/public_html/modules/CGBFCrud/lib/class.DBDispositionEditor.php on line 55
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Install and configure FrontEndUsers (at least one property and one group) and it should work.

I've updated the dependencies for the next release.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by brentnl »

calguy1000 wrote:Install and configure FrontEndUsers (at least one property and one group) and it should work.

I've updated the dependencies for the next release.
And do the names of the property/group matter? Is FEU connected with CGBFCrud?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The names of the properties and groups don't matter, they just need one so the fields have a reason to exist.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”