Moved site shows blank page

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
greenftechn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Moved site shows blank page

Post by greenftechn »

I moved a site to a server that meets all the prerequisites, and on which CMSMS is running other sites. Admin is working, except when you go to module manager you see a text screen with the summary:

<<<>>>
Installed
1 Upgrades Available
Search
Available Modules
Settings
<<<>>>

And no way to manage modules. I suspect a module is to blame for the plain white screen you see on the front end. Apache error log shows:
<<<>>>
[Mon Apr 09 13:53:59.404594 2018] [:error] [pid 16924] [client client_IP:56996] PHP Warning: Parameter 2 to smarty_prefilter_precompilefunc() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/html/mydomain.com/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_filterhandler.php on line 57
<<<>>>
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Moved site shows blank page

Post by velden »

First question: did you clear the CMSMS cache?

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... lear-cache
greenftechn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by greenftechn »

Yes, the cache was cleared.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

You can disable modules by renaming their folder (e.g. prefix it with an underscore). It may help you to narrow the search.
greenftechn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by greenftechn »

It appears that the problem also affects the original site. I restored from image and the site works fine, until I login on the backend. Once I login the blank pages show up, both while logged in and after I logout. I am not able to list the pages in content. I have no idea when the problem showed up.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

What version of CMSMS is it, and which PHP version is the server running?
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
greenftechn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by greenftechn »

PHP7
CMSMS 2.2.7

Hosted on Rackspace. I have the image restored and I'm not logging into the official site, because when I do it will throw blanks. I have a second instance of the server running and I am trying to debug. I tried running with ModPagespeed off. I tried with no .htaccess file

Still no joy. Debug 'true' isn't giving ME anything useful. Apache error log shows:

[Thu Apr 12 00:15:29.692455 2018] [:error] [pid 25527] [client My_IP:30906] PHP Warning: Parameter 2 to smarty_prefilter_precompilefunc() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/html2/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_filterhandler.php on line 57
greenftechn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by greenftechn »

Thank you for your help! Yes, due to an FTP (operator) error, the plugins folder from the root_web/lib folder was also in the root_web folder.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”