[SOLVED] Admin panel not accessible after 2.2.7 upgrade

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] Admin panel not accessible after 2.2.7 upgrade

Post by postiffm »

I upgraded a site from 2.2.6+fresh modules to 2.2.7. Frontend worked, and admin login screen appears, but login to admin panel failed with error 500.

Realized I forgot to check PHP version. 2.2.7 requires >= 5.6. I was running 5.4.43. Oops.

So, upgraded through cpanel to 5.6.32. Same problem. Then reinstalled cmsms 2.2.7 package, it "freshened" the installation, and now everything works.

Thought I would note it here for other users who may have this problem in the future.
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin panel not accessible after 2.2.7 upgrade

Post by postiffm »

The problem re-appeared today, where I can get to the login page, but I cannot get into the CMSMS admin panel. Chrome reports:

This page isn’t working
<sitename.com> is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Admin panel not accessible after 2.2.7 upgrade

Post by postiffm »

OK, this is weird. Now I could use some help.

To get in, I reinstalled = freshened the installation. Then when I opened a new tab and visited sitename.com/admin, it popped me immediately into the admin panel, no password needed.

1. So I logged out. Tried to give the admin and password again, and it did not work. It gave me the 500 error again.

2. So then I closed that Chrome tab, opened a new tab, visited sitename.com/admin, and it opened immediately again into the admin panel, no password required.

I was able to repeat the process of (1) and (2) again, and get back in after logging out, again without providing the password.

Any ideas?

P.S. For some reason, I cannot edit my earlier post to remove [SOLVED] from the subject line.

Return to “CMSMS Core”