Deprecated: preg_replace warnings on live website

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
ladyr0gue
Forum Members
Forum Members

Deprecated: preg_replace warnings on live website

Post by ladyr0gue »

Help!

Code: Select all

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/[database name edited]/public_html/lib/smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 270
Please could someone tell me what I should do, step by step, I have this warning all over a client website...

Line 270 is

, $source_content);
Also in the cms back end I can see

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/[database name edited]/public_html/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 1625

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/[database name edited]/public_html/lib/html_entity_decode_utf8.php on line 38

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/[database name edited]/public_html/lib/html_entity_decode_utf8.php on line 39
(these are both repeated four times)

and finally:

Strict Standards: Declaration of SEOTools::DoEvent() should be compatible with CMSModule::DoEvent($originator, $eventname, &$params) in /home/[database name edited]/public_html/modules/SEOTools/SEOTools.module.php on line 824
I did manage to remove some other warnings by uninstalling the seo tools module but now am left with all of these...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Looking at previous posts I can see I;m supposed to make sure the modules (only the CG Blog says it has missing dependencies so suggest removal, but I have blog posts so not sure what to do with that) and core are updated and there may be a way to edit the php ini but I'm not sure how

Am painfully aware, having logged into the hosting, that the database is out of date as well (needs updating to MySQL 5.5.0) and throwing errors, and am wondering if it has to do with that, too - raised a ticket with hosts as I have no idea how to do this either, sob...
ladyr0gue
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Deprecated: preg_replace warnings on live website

Post by ladyr0gue »

CMS Version 1.10.3

I assume I need to update everything... the cms AND the database
And I have not a single clue how, or in which order I should do this.
I taught myself basic html editing a myspace profile - then learned of css - I built a static website and then several years later, transferred it to cmsms; it was a huge learning curve. Years later, I come back to it and it's all a bit wonky.
I've hidden the pages that throw issues viewable to the public (news and contact form, once filled in) and now I'm not sure where to start.
Databases, php etc is all greek to me - is there any way someone could steer me right here before I give up and build the site in wordpress
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Deprecated: preg_replace warnings on live website

Post by paulbaker »

ladyr0gue wrote:before I give up and build the site in wordpress
:-X NO!!!

;D

Point your browser here:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions

Idea is to upgrade in steps, so for you that would be
1.10.3 > 1.11.13 > 1.12.2

Then upgrade to V2:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/to-cmsms-2.x

Assuming it's a fairly simple site with just a few 3rd party modules it should go fine.

Maybe post your system info here so we can tell if you have modules which might cause problems?

Post again for more help.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016

Return to “CMSMS Core”