CGSmartImage - Header Height

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
simetz
Forum Members
Forum Members

CGSmartImage - Header Height

Post by simetz »

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.02.47 AM copy.png
I am using a really good template Template-1200 which uses responsive code and uses the CGSSmartImage extension. My problem is that no matter what I do to the actual image size or the code snippet in the template, I cannot alter the height of the header.

Code from template: background: url("{CGSmartImage src="{content_image block='Page header image' dir='images/header' urlonly='1'}" filter_croptofit='1920,900' notag=1}") no-repeat top;

I have tried to alter both the aspect ration (changed only 900 height) and also the overall size of image (changed both 1920 and 900).

I use the same templates and CSS on a number of sites, the one I am trying to change first is http://www.simonmetzwoodworking.com

I attached screenshot of the CMSMS template and the extension settings page

Thanks!

Simon
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.02.16 AM copy.png
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CGSmartImage - Header Height

Post by scooper »

The image is being used as a background that covers whatever height the header is so changing the actual image size won't affect the appearance.

Inspecting the site in dev tools it looks to me as if the size of the header is mostly controlled by the amount of padding it has at the top and bottom.

Have a look in the "Template1200-style" stylesheet and see if you can find references like:

.content_back {padding:150px 0;}

There'll be a few of them contained in different media queries because the height will change over different screensizes.

If you increase the amount of padding then the height of the header will also increase. You might need to play around with it a bit to get it looking right (you can edit the stylesheet directly in your browser Developer Tools to get an idea without breaking anything).

Hope that helps and Happy New Year.....
simetz
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CGSmartImage - Header Height

Post by simetz »

Thanks, worked perfectly!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”