Design Editor

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
WebHunter

Design Editor

Post by WebHunter »

Hi There,
I have started working on CMS only this week for a client that has a website built on it by another designer. I need to make a few changes to the home page but I do not seem to have access to the Design Editor - and I don't know how to get access.

Is there anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction? I just need to change some images on the home page and the layout of some of the copy.

I'm assuming I will need to delete this and start again?

{global_content name='BTNS'}

Thanks in advance

Kate
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Design Editor

Post by paulbaker »

Welcome to CMS Made Simple. I hope your stay will be a long and happy one. :)

You need an account with access to the right area, simplest solution is to get hold of the/a main admin account. If that is not possible then an account with both "Editor" and "Designer" groups ticked will probably give you all the access you need. The main admin (there must be at least one) will be able to sort that for you.

That tag is a global content block, you should find it under Layout > Design Manager > Templates.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016

Return to “CMSMS Core”