Activation checkbox not displayed for some pages

For questions and problems with the CMS core. This board is NOT for any 3rd party modules, addons, PHP scripts or anything NOT distributed with the CMS made simple package itself.
Tseunevel

Activation checkbox not displayed for some pages

Post by Tseunevel »

Hi,
I just installed cmsms on my local computer (wamp) and created 2 pages using the default template. Everything seemed to be ok, but login again it seems that the checkbox to activate the page is not longer displayed for one of them.
So this page is no longer visible on the site and I can't figure how to activate it again. I am the only user defined and my name appear as owner of both pages.
The only difference between them is that the one that don't have the checkbox contains some tag not rendered (marquee) because it's coming from another system.
Do you have any idea about this.

Many thanks anyway
Tseunevel

Re: Activation checkbox not displayed for some pages

Post by Tseunevel »

In fact the topic title should be :

all menu items linking to the default url (site directory)

I find out what was the problem, but this doesn't solve the issue:
- when default is selected, active checkbox no longer displayed

ok but in fact my problem is that for my pages, their label appear in the menu, but all links (href) are to main site link (directory).

if I change the address, for example adding index.php?page=xxxxx ,that page is correctly displayed.

I am very disapointed by cmsms, because it seemed to fit our requirement, but if menu feature is not functionnal we shall turn to another cms

Thank you for any answer
Tseunevel

Post by Tseunevel »

From me again

Searching deeper I think I found what is the issue :

It seems that there is a bug in the UI of the content management.

1 - It is possible to select several pages as default page. Selecting a new default page does not unselect the preceding one.
2 - It is impossible to unselect a page selected as default page. The green check mark is not clickable.
3 - when a page is selected as default it is impossible to unselect it as active, the active check mark is not displayed and you can't delete it.

The result of this issue is that all these pages have the site root as link, so when you are on your default page, several menu items point to the same default page, and it is impossible to display corresponding pages .

That's what happened to me.

The only way I found to bypass this issue is to deselect the pages from appearing on the menu, changing the name and menu caption and copying the content on a new page.

Is there an other way to unselect the default property (update in the database for example ?)
Attachments
Screen capture of content management showing 3 pages with the Default checkmark, and no active checkmark
Screen capture of content management showing 3 pages with the Default checkmark, and no active checkmark
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by JohnnyB »

What version of the CMS are you using? It would be helpful to post your system information: https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

I tried to reproduce the issue from the latest post and cannot make more than one default page. I suspect there is something wrong with the installation or the configuration causing a problem.

The behavior you described is expected and correct about the green checkbox. When a page is assigned as the default (the site's home page), the check mark cannot be clicked because at least one page is required to be default.

Have you fully enabled pretty URLs and/or mod_rewrite correctly? What does the PHP and server error logs show? Anything useful?

Documentation: https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/configuration/pretty-url
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
Tseunevel

Post by Tseunevel »

From me again,

the issue that I reported seems to be only when on a local wamp site.
I installed cmsms on my host server and there, the list of conent pages is OK:
when I select a default page, after a confirm box the checkmark is removed from the previous default page, so everything is OK

Thanks
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Glad it is all sorted.
It is possible to select several pages as default page.
the issue that I reported seems to be only when on a local wamp site.
Can you please explain how you managed to select several pages as the default page?

Thanks
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016

Return to “CMSMS Core”