Upgrade issue: 1.12.1 to 2.2.2

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Mitch923

Upgrade issue: 1.12.1 to 2.2.2

Post by Mitch923 »

I recently upgraded from 1.12.1 to 2.2.2 and followed the instructions carefully. After upgrading, breadcrumbs don't appear to work; getting the error:

WARNING:
The {breadcrumbs} tag is removed from CMSMS Core
Instead, now use in your HTML template: {nav_breadcrumbs} !

After looking into the templates via the cmsms admin console, I didn't find any instances of {breadcrumbs} to replace. Any ideas on how to fix this?
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade issue: 1.12.1 to 2.2.2

Post by PinkElephant »

Hi Mitch923
Mitch923 wrote:After looking into the templates via the cmsms admin console, I didn't find any instances of {breadcrumbs} to replace.
It must be lurking somewhere; try Extensions -> Admin Search | "bread".
Mitch923

Post by Mitch923 »

Thanks for the quick response. Still nothing though. The only results that come up are for instances like "div class=breadcrumbs", but those aren't the ones that need to be changed right?
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

Mitch923 wrote:"div class=breadcrumbs", but those aren't the ones that need to be changed right?
Yes, that's just css. There should be a "{breadcrumbs}" call in a page or template. Find a page that shows the warning and double check the content and its template (listed at 'Content Manager > [page] > Options') and anything else it {calls} - maybe a navigation template.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

If you can: make a dump of your database (to .sql file) and just search for {breadcrumbs} using a text editor.

This might give you hints where the tag is used.

BTW I'd expect that the location of the warning (in the html source of front end I assume) should also give a hint where the tag is used.
Mitch923

Re: Upgrade issue: 1.12.1 to 2.2.2 [solved]

Post by Mitch923 »

Navigator didn't install properly because of two templates in the database that carried over. Once I removed them, I installed Navigator and everything appears to be working. Looks like this one's solved.
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by musicscore »

Kow did you discover with templates cause the problem. I also upgraded 1.12.2 tot 2.2.2 and it was a complete dissaster. Even de admin console had some problems. I followed the manual but no luck.
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by euromade »

Same here...went from 1.12.1 to 2.2.2 and I can't find the template that's causing this problem and my search does not pull up any {breadcrumbs} instances...

No reference to {breadcrumbs} in my sql either

Thanks for any ideas!

Also, how did you reload the Navigator module? I can't find it on the downloads page.
Thanks
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

euromade wrote:my search does not pull up any {breadcrumbs} instances...
No reference to {breadcrumbs} in my sql either
It might help if you said where you're seeing the warning (logs, front-end page, admin-only, etc).

I'm wondering if it's being triggered by a deprecated 'menu' call like {menu action='breadcrumbs'} a.k.a. {cms_breadcrumbs}. Searching on "bread" should point the way ... but now I'm wondering if admin and sql searches will see templates that you've exported (to assets/templates/easy-to-edit-template.tlp).
euromade wrote:Also, how did you reload the Navigator module?
For core functionality I expect the recommended route is to use the installer -- which is designed to upgrade and/or repair but maybe something more drastic occurred in this case.
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by euromade »

The breadcrumb error shows up on the home page - front end (Upper left corner).

In my case when everything worked, I had a list of pages, with submenus that would "expand" when clicked on. Now, all my subpages are listed by default making the home page very long and "busy".

Thanks...
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

euromade wrote:The breadcrumb error shows up on the home page
Can you post the full contents of the template the Home page is using?

Next, we'll probably be asking to see the templates invoked by {menu} or {Navigator} calls -- this will be the 'default' type unless you've defined something with the 'template' parameter: template='template_name'.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”