Permissions problems after a clone of system

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
normanlaw

Permissions problems after a clone of system

Post by normanlaw »

I recently experienced a major problem that necessitated either re-creating all three of my domains. Although I was unable to access the sites via the main URLs I was able to use Cpanel and thus access the databases. I backed up the main site's database using Softaculous's utility. I then used the backup to "clone" them to the three domains (I needed them to all be the same).

The process worked faultlessly and all three domains worked as expected except the site names needed changing to reflect the three different domains.

Using the admin control panel I attempted to change the site name in "Site Admin - Global Settings". On saving the change I received the message that "You don't have permission to access /admin/siteprefs.php on this server." If I go to a different tab in the global settings, Mail Settings for example, and make a change the change takes effect OK.

Additionally I am unable to access the "Maintenance", "Verification" or "System Information" pages of Site Admin, receiving a HTTP 500 error. The URLs that show when the link is hovered over show

Code: Select all

http://www.law-family.org.uk/admin/systemmaintenance.php?_sk_=f39d46613e6a3840
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Permissions problems after a clone of system

Post by velden »

The first steps would be:

- clear cache. If you don't have access via admin then clear then using cPanels file manager: /tmp/templaces_c and /tmp/cache. Delete all files in those two folders.

- make sure the information in /config.php reflects the settings for your server (database, optionally paths and urls)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

And check your logs.

And make sure that mod_security is disabled.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
normanlaw

Post by normanlaw »

Thanks for the replies. I have cleared the cache(s) and disabled Mod Security. This has cured the problem of being able to edit the site name in Global Settings. I am still unable to access the three Site Admin options

System Maintenance
System Information
System Verification

I should make it clear that the site(s) work fine for users, it's just the Admin Console that is having problems. The three config.php files all correctly reflect the relevant databases and passwords. As all three sites are clones of the same database I was wondering whether there was a problem with file/folder security. Most of the folders have a security of 0755 with file security of 0644.

Return to “The Lounge”