Themes

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Themes

Post by janvl »

Are Themes no longer important?

The Module Thememanager is marked as stale, I will try it anyway but I do not think that a new user gets a good feeling.

If you go to
https://themes.cmsmadesimple.org/downlo ... end-themes
and click at the bottom on "load more" something goes wrong, I tested it on firefox and chrome.

I wanted to try the thememanager in the 2 series to adjust the theme for cmsms 2 as well.

Kind regards,
Jan
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Themes

Post by janvl »

Overseen, design-management in 2 is the new thememanager.

Still, to export a theme from a 1 series CMSMS I need thememanager.

Now I will try it with the old module in 1.12.2 and import in 2 with designmanagement.

Regards,
Jan
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The documentation on the themes site is out of date and doesn't apply to 2.x, it's on my radar to update.
Most of the themes there will not be set up for use on 2.x, so the site will also need some housekeeping and updating.
Use of the 1.x themes may need a bit of creativity, e.g. you could install it on a 1.x test bed, then upgrade it to 2.x, make any template fixes needed, then export it as a Design to use in your 2.x site.

The above said, CMSMS is one of the easiest systems out there in which to make your own templates, or convert an existing static site into a Smarty template. We don't put a lot of our resources into making it "themeable" because the majority of our users are professional developers (and also because we don't have that many resources...)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Many beautiful examples:

https://welovecmsms.com/

Return to “General Discussion”