SVN working folders

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
pengels
Forum Members
Forum Members

SVN working folders

Post by pengels »

Hi all,

I have a local XAMPP installation and inside a 1:1 copy of our website. In the modules folder resides my own module, which I have created as SVN working folder. I can make changes here, test them locally and commit them to the forge without problems. The release as zip can be done with a 7zip-script, which ignores the .svn subfolder. But I cannot export the folder as XML-file any longer! The reason is, that (some) files inside this .svn-folder are write-protected by TortoiseSVN. If I reset this (or ignore this in the template) the XML export is working perfectly.

Can anybody give me a hint how to manage the SVN working-folder correctly without having a lot of file-copies on my local drive? Or is this a bug in CMSMS ModuleManager?

Thanks!

Regards Peter
Regards from Germany, Peter
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: SVN working folders

Post by Jeff »

It is a issue with the logic to display the XML button.

My work around was to move the .svn folder to the parent directory (mv .svn ../ on linux) and then after I download the XML file, move it back (mv ../.svn ./).

Return to “Developers Discussion”