Development charity website

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Development charity website

Post by scooper »

We sneaked out our first V2.0 website just before Christmas for an agricultural development charity working in rural Africa.

http://www.agdevco.com/

We ended up creating five(!) bespoke modules to let the client manage various aspects of the site. That includes creating a filemanger module to let the client upload images and documents from within a module. We also had to adapt MicroTiny a bit to get it to do what we needed - although now that's been superseded by the TinyMCE update (hooray).

It makes a lot of use of CGSmartImage which we use more and more these days to optimize delivery of user uploaded pictures. Apart from that and CGSimpleSmarty and CGExtensions there's not any non-core modules other than the ones we created.

There was quite a steep learning curve on the new design manager but we got there in the end, and we're pretty happy with the result.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Development charity website

Post by velden »

Nice job! Thanks for sharing.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Great work ;D

How is http://www.agdevco.com/about-us/our-people.html done with its subsets? One of the bespoke modules?
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by scooper »

It is a bespoke module but nothing too complicated.

You could probably do something similar in ListIt2 (or whatever it's called these days) but it was just quicker for us to knock something up specifically.

Happy to give you a hand if you need to do something similar though - you know where I am.

s.
pukka
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pukka »

Really nice site and it really looks good on mobile. 8)
Peace & Love

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Useful stuff: {$entry->fields|@print_r}

web design london
SimonF
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by SimonF »

Hello Scooper,

I hope you are tracking this post since I've been searching through the forums to find out how to get the menu to toggle from a row of text to a collapsed list behind the 3-bar icon as you have on your site.

I'm using CMS 2.1.2 with the Simplex theme, though I've commented out a fair few things I've not needed from it.

Can it be done within CMCMS or is it new JQuery scripts required?

Many TIA's and Regards,

Simon
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by scooper »

Morning Simon,

Soooo - there's nothing particularly fancy going on with menu there, it's mostly just CSS media queries and a very basic Navigator template.

The hamburger icon (which in this case is a Fontawesome icon) is hidden on screens larger than 992px using a CSS media query. On smaller screens we hide the topnav and show the hamburger icon instead.

We also use media queries to control whether the topnav is displayed as a list (on small screens) or inline (on larger screens).

The only javascript involved is a click event on the hamburger icon to toggle the visibility of the topnav.

That's only a single level menu of course. If you need a subnav then you'll need to deal with that somehow. For example on the Runnymede Trust site we have a separate subnav - again just media queries.

Have a look at the code anyway - I'm sure you can work it out but happy to try and help if I can. Feel free to copy any code you need.

s.

Return to “CMS Show Off”