1.0 Beta6 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Dr.CSS

Re: 1.0 Beta1 Released!

Post by Dr.CSS »

I would just like to thank whomever changed the install.php, works like a charm.

Thanks again, it was definitly Worth the wait, New layout and content are very nice.

Can't wait to dig in and tear it up, I see promising things on the horizon.

ThanX  :D
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 1.0 Beta2 Released!

Post by Ted »

Beta2 is up.  Thanks for all the feedback so far.  Keep it coming...

Ted
Since 1.0beta1
---------------------
- Fixed bugs with limits in the installer
- Fixed notice messages in several plugins
- Fixed notice messages with Search installer
- Added label to Search template
Elijah Lofgren
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Elijah Lofgren »

calguy1000 wrote: It's not necessary to use the blog module to do this, it's just more convenient.

if you look in the forum there are ways to embed the comments module into the news module without the blog module.
Here are some example templates of tying in News with Comments:
http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php ... /Templates
Note: I don't have time to take on any more projects. I'm quite busy. I may be too busy to reply to emails or messages. Thanks for your understanding. :)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Russ wrote: OK, I think a big well done is in order! ?The admin interface seems much better, I've just been playing around with it on my local machine for the last hour or two and most everything seems to work OK. A few minor points.

Ommissions
I was a bit dissapointed, well quite a lot actually, to not see some form of stopping or warning that the page you're editing is already being edited. Perhaps the best way would be too lock the record untill saved - saying who has it open if possible. I talked previously to Ted about this as there was some code already done which perhaps could have modified. I was under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that this was to be included? Currently you can really only have one person managing and entering data because  two people can edit the same page at the same time. In reality of course many people manage a web site. Apart from that - Funky with a capital 'F'

Russ
Russ... After discussions on IRC about this issue, we think we've come up with a solution that will work in most cases.  See tracker issue #4:  http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/tracker/in ... 6&atid=104

which we think is a good all around, but minimal effort solution.  What do you think?
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

HI calguy1000, I read throught the transcript and the proposed soluton and it seems ideal to me if it can be implimented simply. I like the idea of seeing what the other person edited - with their name and some timestamp information. So if this can be in beta 3 then I'm all for it over any more complex solution ;-)

Just one thought, what if more than two people are editing - I'm not sure how this would work?

Many thanks from me and everyone else who wanted this - I think it is necessary to get CMSMS into bigger installations. And here's hoping it will be in Beta 3? I'm getting quite excited now...

Russ
gnolen

Post by gnolen »

Assume!!! Feels and looks great!!

I really want to use it on a working site...Can I feel comfortable that there is no real problems with it?

Thanks / Gnolen
Der Rudi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Der Rudi »

Looks really nice. Installed beta1 and played a bit with it; found some things:
  • install: cache & templates_c directories not writeable give yellow dots, but I think should be red crosses since this prevents from further install and explaination what to do (chmod etc)
  • admin: warnings, errors, messages etc at top of screen do not get displayed unless I move mouse over them, an other element drops over them (like menu foldouts) or page is scrolled. I'm running IE6 on XP.
  • reorder pages: when moving a page to a location that is outside the current (scrollable) window, the window does not scrol when dragging to the edge of window. So, one has to place the page at the most top (or bottom) position possible, then scrol page up or down, and drag page further. Would be easier if the window scrolss automaticly when dragging the page to the bottom or top.
  • module manager: downloading Filemanager 0.1.1 gives: Error! --Add Me - module:ModuleManager string:error_checksum--
Just downloaded beta2, will install this one and test for earnest in the weekend.

BTW are themes from 0.13 still compatible with 1.0? I've tried some that Mark recently made and found some problems with them (they run fine on 0.13): no css when doing a preview, giving smarty/php errors etc. Since it is a beta and major upgrade, I want to make sure that compatibility is there before taking it to the next level.
Last edited by Der Rudi on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
schlappenprinz

Post by schlappenprinz »

Hi,

first of all, thx for the beta.

But i've got serious problems during the installation process.

After the install skript checked out my permissions and PHP settings there is a message saying:

Checking if session.save_path is set and writable

session.save_path("/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx") is not writable. Not having this as writable disallows any logins to the admin panel. Please adjust before continuing..

And nearby there's this soul-destroying red cross. I've checked out the permissions serveral times and they are ok.

Any suggestions? thx in advance!
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

calguy1000 wrote: I've fixed the debug message, and I'll look at the lables, and id's etc. after B2 comes out. 
Yes, thanks callguy100, the error has gone and label is present, but, perhaps because you have no framset there are other errors for the form. You could use a framset and and hide it? Also 'name' I think, has been deprecated in XHTML strict and therefore won't validate. Yes we could do with 'Enter search...' in the text input field adding to the form as well as the translations and id's on all fields, well not hidden ones.

2. If you use a results page for search and use anchor tags in you template the links on the anchor tags are the long url's not clean ones??? And the url in the browser bar still reflects the same long url rather than a clean one.

Hope this helps,

Russ
NickR

Post by NickR »

Beta 2 on and looking good.

Not had much chance to play with it, but I don't there will need to be many betas !

Nick
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

The search function seems to work good - but only at the first view.
With 100 pages i found too much and so nothing.

i can found results of modules there are uninstalled.

the stop words are only in english.

i have results with 100% but the page who has exactly the words i search has only 12%, the 100% result is nonsens.

no part of text from the pages there are in the result listing so i cannot see the context.

a fresh installation has an index with ca. 1900 entrys.

My biggest test cms has 200 pages with real contents and now about 27600 entrys in the index.

my test content with 5000 pages with text from a dictionary has about 3.000.0000 entrys  - and the cms hangs.

--------------------------------

no stylesheets with template preview.

several modules does not work . they can be installed but nothing  from the templates are shown etc. etc.  .

--------------------------------

i have less time so i cannot test and report it all, but it seems for me, we need 3 - 4 new betas.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Just to let you know though this information is in the release notes:

Many modules will be broken in 1.0, and will need to be changed.  any call to RowCount needs to be changed to RecordCount() and date references in database will need to be changed as well.

This is because we are now using adodb_lite proper rather than a modified version.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

calguy1000 wrote: Just to let you know though this information is in the release notes:

Many modules will be broken in 1.0, and will need to be changed.   any call to RowCount needs to be changed to RecordCount() and date references in database will need to be changed as well.

This is because we are now using adodb_lite proper rather than a modified version.
Ok, maybe there should be an option in install.php to disable all modules when you upgrade to 1.0? I love to test 1.0 with my current site but since the FeedbackForm module doesn't work I'll wait for a bit, and maybe beg SjG for an update ;-)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Check out the module manager, I think he fixed that one.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

calguy1000 wrote: Check out the module manager, I think he fixed that one.
I just downloaded the latest from the CMSMS Forge site: FeedbackForm.0.9.12.tar.gz but still uses RowCount is there a newer version somewhere? His own site seems to have some troubles itself.

Return to “Announcements”