How to detect which articles are using a specific field def.

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

How to detect which articles are using a specific field def.

Post by blackhawk »

Is there anyway from either a UDT or directly in the database on the server, we can query all news articles that are using a specific check-box field definition? the name of my check-box is called sticky.

I am having trouble deleting a specific check-box field definition. And I assuming that the delete icon is not next to it because it is currently in use.

thanks for any advice
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How to detect which articles are using a specific field

Post by JohnnyB »

It sounds like the problem is that you cannot delete this custom field because there are articles using it correct?

If so, I usually take a look at the mysql database using PHPMyAdmin or something similar. BACKUP.

Then, you will have to make a judgement call how you want to handle it.
You can make a list of all articles with that field and then manage each article in the Admin to remove the checked state. Or, if you know some SQL you can do it directly in the database. I think it is the ...fieldvals table.
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--

Return to “The Lounge”