Question about capability of ListItExtended

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
twwitt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Question about capability of ListItExtended

Post by twwitt »

I'm a designer using CMSMS 1.11.4 I'm better at html and css than smarty.

I have a question about ListItExtended. A client wants to list a bunch of resources (documents or links, mostly) and wants visitors to the site to be able to search them by at least 4 different criteria.

I've installed ListItExtended, hoping it would serve this purpose. I get how to set it up, but I guess I don't have the understanding of how to create a search query.

Can ListItExtended do something like this? : (see the search on this page http://www.bluethumb.org/plants/ -- something the client saw and wants to do something similar; not necessarily the table below, but the way information is searched) -- If so, is creating a search for resources, using drop downs and/or checkboxes do-able without a lot of coding experience?

Any help is appreciated....Sorry if this question represents simple ignorance on my part!
Stikki

Re: Question about capability of ListItExtended

Post by Stikki »

Yo,

You need HTML input understanding, understanding how ListItExtended is using search at parameter level (should probably write some guide about this), and of course basic smarty understanding.

Check search action of ListItExtended. And toggle between templates, you get the idea.

Happy learning.

-Stikki-
twwitt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Question about capability of ListItExtended

Post by twwitt »

Thanks for the response. Seems like it might be beyond my understanding without some concrete examples to work off of. If you or someone ever writes a guide about how ListItExtended search works -- let me know!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”