manufacturing website

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
alaw
Forum Members
Forum Members

manufacturing website

Post by alaw »

Here is a website my company recently did for a local manufacturer: http://www.rocklandmfg.com/

The site is running on 1.8.2. The site was supposed to launch well over a year ago. The holdup was that the client was supposed to enter the content, but never got around to it. They finally hired us to enter the content this summer, hence the older version of CMSMS. We were hesitant to upgrade due to the relatively large number of modules being used:

Captcha 0.4.5
Cataloger 0.8.0
CGExtensions 1.20
CGSimpleSmarty 1.4.5
CMSMailer 2.0
CTLModuleMaker 2.0.3
CustomContent 1.7.3
FrontEndUsers 1.12.3
SelfRegistration 1.6.5

The most difficult portion of the site was the "Dealer Den". This allows dealers to log in and view model and pricing information for the brands they sell. CTLModuleMaker was used to create a module (called Product Specifications) that handles the brand/model info. I ran into some issues with CTLModuleMaker, which I documented elsewhere in the forum, but everything has been working great since.

Global content blocks were used extensively. They hold all of the tables shown on the product pages. These pages pull in the Product Specifications data (for logged in users) using a UDT, which determines the group of the logged in user and pulls in the corresponding brand data.

All in all, quite complex, but the client is very happy with the site and I am impressed with CMSMS's ability to do anything imaginable.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: manufacturing website

Post by paulbaker »

Nicely done, I like it!

You probably know it's best to keep CMSMS updated, so I won't mention that. ;)

How did you achieve the main navigation where it appears and as you hover over a subject the image changes?
alaw
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by alaw »

Thanks!

We used a 4 column jquery mega menu. The first 3 columns being the menu items and and the 4th column being the image. A static placeholder image was used and is shown/hidden on mouseover. We're using the cataloger module for the product data, so there's an image associated with each product and this image is pulled in on mouseover.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Hi alaw,

Great site :)
One suggestion: have the images used in the menu pre-load to avoid the delay when hovering the menu items for the first time.

Greetings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate
vins73
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by vins73 »

Very nice and clean, great job ;)

Ciao
V
alaw
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by alaw »

Thanks, all!

That's a good tip about the image preloader. I'll have to think about it and see if there's a way to pull it off.
elkman
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by elkman »

Very nice site.

I was wondering if you might be able to assist me. I am working on a site that I would like to use a mega menu similar to what you have created. I have looked at Unique3's tutorial but feel my lack of specific skill is hindering me from understanding how to create this.

Would you be willing to share how you created your menu or even the menu template? I have built many sites using CMS. At least 100 now. Normal menus haven't been any problem. Just can't seem to get my head around the mega menu layout.

Elkman
alaw
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by alaw »

Elkman,

I sent you a PM.

Angela

Return to “CMS Show Off”