[fixed?] cms1.11 beta won't find the {search} tag

A place to discuss issues related to CMSMS 1.11 beta versions. This forum will be heavily moderated.
leolivier

[fixed?] cms1.11 beta won't find the {search} tag

Post by leolivier »

I installed cmsms 1.11b4 from scratch on my filesystem but on a database which already contained an old version (1.10.3) of my cmsms site. When I try to open the site's main page, I get:

OMG! You broke this page.
Error: at line 656 in file D:\wamp\www\cmsms1.11b4\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:

Syntax Error in template "tpl_body:23" on line 22 "{search search_method="post"}" unknown tag "search"
And when I look at the tags list, I can't find the {search} tag although I have the search module installed:

Code: Select all

MicroTiny		1.2.3	Installé	Vrai	Désinstaller	Non	Aide	À propos	XML
ModuleManager	1.5.4		Installé	Vrai	Désinstaller	Non	Aide	À propos	XML
News				2.12.7	Installé	Vrai	Désinstaller	Oui	Aide	À propos	XML
Search			1.7.6		Installé	Vrai	Désinstaller	Non	Aide	À propos	XML
ThemeManager	1.1.6		Installé	Vrai	Désinstaller	Non	Aide	À propos	XML
Also, I realized something's weird: the module version for search for my installation is 1.7.6 whereas it is 1.5.4 on the forge... I checked my 1.10.3 install where the search version number is 1.7... Which one is the right one???

Any idea?
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: cms1.11 beta won't find the {search} tag

Post by Jos »

leolivier wrote:whereas it is 1.5.4 on the forge...
Because Search is a core module and is released in the core package, it doesn't need to have actual releases in the Forge.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I installed cmsms 1.11b4 from scratch on my filesystem but on a database which already contained an old version (1.10.3) of my cmsms site. When I try to open the site's main page, I get:
If you downloaded and installed a fresh install of CMSMS over top of an existing 1.10.x install without going through the upgrade routine. then you will have problems... all kinds of them... unless by chance you used a different database prefix, in which case two installs should co-exist nicely in the same database.

You can do a fresh install, or an upgrade... but you cannot just install overtop of an existing database and expect things to work.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
leolivier

Post by leolivier »

Well I followed the upgrade routine...
What I did exactly is:
1.Extract the 1.11 code in a new site directory
2.Make a copy of the old database
3.Copy the old config.php file and the module I wanted to test
4.I changed the database name, the root directory and the root url related stuff in config.php
5.Then I ran the upgrade routine (which explains why my search module is in 1.7.6 version)

And now, it can't find the search tag
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

This should be fixed in SVN rev.200 - Minor fix to upgrade routine.

ps. This was after beta-4 was cut!!
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
leolivier

Re: [fixed?] cms1.11 beta won't find the {search} tag

Post by leolivier »

Seems ok with svn 8201
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: [fixed?] cms1.11 beta won't find the {search} tag

Post by calguy1000 »

Just did an upgrade from 1.10.3 with a completely different site, specifically to test this problem. it worked great for me (as usual).
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS 1.11 Beta”