0.9 "Marquesas" Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

0.9 is mainly a release based around the module API rewrite. This does several things. First and foremost, it makes modules easier to write. It also makes them less prone to problem based on PHP's lack of namespacing. It was a necessary change before CMS got any bigger and people starting writing more modules for it. It does, however, make older modules not work anymore. Most modules in use have been upgraded to the new API, but please make sure all the ones you use have before you upgade!

Here is the ChangeLog:

* Rewrote module API from scratch to make it easier for a module dev to write modules. Not only is it now object oriented, it is also better organized and navigations related functions are much, much easier.
* Stylesheet URL is now absolute based on root_url in config.php
* Fixed bug with content type changes breaking hierarchy (#000090)
* Fixed bug with start_element in bulletmenu and phplayers
* Fixed bug with css table not having sequence setup correctly (#000093)
* Fixed bugs with auto alias of pages
* Fixed contact form so that it's xhtml compliant (#000096)
* Fixed RSS feeds to use proper content type
* Fixed content type loading so it only loads php files
* Fixed some bugs with handling gifs in ImageManager
* Modified login procedure for a little more security
* Modified install procedure to ask for admin username and password
* Admin dir can now be changed with admin_dir paramater in config.php
* Updated Smarty to 2.6.7 (Jope)

Enjoy!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

It's been brought to my attention by Silmarillion (who developed this function) that I forgot to mention the fact that the admin is now themable. There are several themes included and we're looking for more. At some point, I'd like to make some kind of way to download and install them automatically, but we need that for modules first. :)
100rk

Post by 100rk »

Hi Wishy,
You must hate me... I found bug in ContentPostRender callback - id doesn't work.
Change please line 106 in file /index.php from

Code: Select all

$gCms->modules[$key]['object']->ContentPostRender($oneuser);
to

Code: Select all

$gCms->modules[$key]['object']->ContentPostRender($html);
Thanks! 8)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Sil already pointed that one out to me. It's fixed in svn. :)

(and no, I like bug reports...)
100rk

Post by 100rk »

OK, Your choice... :)
Another bug in module API: If I created module with constructor, put into it code from constructor of parent class CMSModule and try to call function $this->GetPreference('pref_name'), it doesn't work from constructor (GetPreference() don't return anything) - only from other methods of this module object. But I cannot figure out where is problem, constructor of this module has no parameters... Can You help me, please? Other testing stuff like echo 'loaded'; works fine from constructor...
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Easy enough...

Look in include.php. Modules are loaded (and the contructor is called) before load_site_preferences. I guess that order can be changed. Didn't think it was necessary, though. Tells you what I know...

I can change it if you think it's necessary.
100rk

Post by 100rk »

wishy wrote:Easy enough...
Oh, thanks :oops:

Yes, I mean this is necessary, because in this time I cannot call one function of module instance in its constructor - it seems to me like a serious problem, if we want to talk about object oriented module API. 8)

Anyway, You did great work, man... :wink:
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Thanks. I think I'll change the site preferences to do a lazy loading sort of thing that way it doesn't matter where it is called.
100rk

Post by 100rk »

Hi wishy,
just a little thing for next release: could You please change function set_site_preference() from page.functions.php so it sets up create_date and modified_date in db table siteprefs correctly?
Thanks! :)
100rk

BIG BUG in CONTENT MANAGEMENT

Post by 100rk »

Hi Wishy,
try please on some test site deactivate some content page....
But not from its edit page - by click to true icon in proper column of contentlist table. It will destroy content of this page in database table content_props - not whole row, only item 'content'.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah, I fixed that yesterday and is one of the main reasons I'm going to release 0.9.1 very soon.

As for site prefs, I'll take a look.
100rk

Post by 100rk »

I'm sorry, I was not take look into SVN :oops:
From this time I will do it - and use mantis for those messages also. Excuse me.
have a nice day!

Return to “Announcements”