Announcing CMSMS 1.10.2 - Casa Pilote

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Announcing CMSMS 1.10.2 - Casa Pilote

Post by calguy1000 »

CMSMS 1.10.2 is more of a ‘smoothing out the rough edges’ release. Only one of the issues we addressed could be called ‘critical’.. but some of them were rather annoying and caused confusion. As well, some were old issues that we finally addressed. So it was time to get them out of the way.

Perhaps the biggest thing we changed was with the way we generate the release scripts. We now force all english variants to go into the english package. This fixed the problem with MicroTiny not working if you had just installed this package.

Secondly we fixed a harmless but disconcerting error message generated by Module Manager. Also, we addressed an issue with MicroTiny for single line input where just a module is called. And a minor issue with the urlparam argument to cms_selflink. There were also some problems with the CmsPrinting module, and some styling issues fixed in the admin themes (Many thanks to the people that contributed the changes). We also fixed a minor issue with editing content when the page alias was blanked out, and an issue with CopyContent. None of these could exactly be called ‘exciting’.

We intend now to focus our efforts on development of CMSMS 1.11.

We still recommend people to backup, then upgrade to CMSMS 1.9.4.3, and to make sure all modules are upgraded and working properly before upgrading to the 1.10.x series.

Enjoy
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Announcing CMSMS 1.10.2 - Casa Pilote

Post by calguy1000 »

Addendum:

In this release we have shipped diff releases from CMSMS 1.10 and CMSMS 1.10.1 to CMSMS 1.10.2. However, you may experience some difficulties depending upon your language requirements, and which CMSMS Package you initially installed.

If you installed or upgraded to CMSMS 1.10 using the 'english' package, and then applied some language packages. You should, when upgrading to CMSMS 1.10.2 re-apply the appropriate language packs for CMSMS 1.10.2. This is due to some of the problems in our release building scripts that we discovered and fixed in CMSMS 1.10.2.

That is all... I now return you to your regularly scheduled monday activities :)
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
asdf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by asdf »

FYI, cmsmadesimple-english-diff-1.10.1-1.10.2.tar.gz did not fix MicroTiny problem I had (http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 68#p266968) as few en.js and en_dlg.js files were missing from modules/MicroTiny compared to full cmsmadesimple-1.10.2-english.tar.gz. When I copied (wanted to see was that the problem rather than install full package) those to where they should be the editor started to work in the Firefox.

Thanks and keep up the work.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

true, that the diff doesnt fix that issue. But that is understandable, as the files werent touched. So they didnt make it to the diff.
Only modified files are included in a diff. Only in the 1.10.1 some files were accidentally included, with size 0, they were not intended to be in. To fix that, you should upload the full MircoTiny folder from the full/base version.

Ronny
Cody

Post by Cody »

Well I tried to update from 1.9.4.3 to 1.10.2 but it doesnt not work anymore. Homepage of website and admin section are only blank pages and I can see only error code 500.

Before upgrading I did upgrade of all modules where it was possible.

But now I could see only blank screens and 500 (Internal Server Error).

I try to fix it, but what onlyhelps was downgrade to 1.9.4.3 version. But when I downgrade my News and Menu modules wasnt visible in administration and on the website was missing.

When I uninstall and install these two modules again I lost all templates, settings and content of these modules (but I presume this is normal behavior). So just know only solution is recover from backup.

Here you can see my settings and modules:
----------------------------------------------

Cms Version: 1.9.4.3

Installed Modules:

CMSMailer: 2.0.2
FileManager: 1.1.0
nuSOAP: 1.0.2
ModuleManager: 1.4.2
MenuManager: 1.7.6
Printing: 1.1.2
Search: 1.6.10
ThemeManager: 1.1.4
TinyMCE: 2.8.4
CodePress: 0.1.2
CGExtensions: 1.27.2
FrontEndUsers: 1.12.11
CustomContent: 1.7.3
SelfRegistration: 1.6.7
SiteMapMadeSimple: 1.2.5
TreeManager: 0.6.0
Forum: 0.9.4
UpHyperlight: 1.4
FormBuilder: 0.7
CGFeedMaker: 1.0.14
Gallery: 1.4.4
Smileys: 0.2.0
CodeMirror: 2.2.0
News: 2.11.4

Config Information:

php_memory_limit:
process_whole_template: false
output_compression: false
max_upload_size: 48000000
default_upload_permission: 664
url_rewriting: none
page_extension:
query_var: page
image_manipulation_prog: GD
auto_alias_content: true
locale:
default_encoding: utf-8
admin_encoding: utf-8
set_names: true

Php Information:

phpversion: 5.3.2
md5_function: Zap (ANO)
gd_version: 2
tempnam_function: Zap (ANO)
magic_quotes_runtime: Vyp (NE)
E_STRICT: 0
E_DEPRECATED: 0
memory_limit: 32M
max_execution_time: 30
output_buffering: 4096
safe_mode: Vyp (NE)
file_uploads: Zap (ANO)
post_max_size: 32M
upload_max_filesize: 48M
session_save_path: Nekontrolováno kvůli OS cestě
session_use_cookies: Zap (ANO)
xml_function: Zap (ANO)

Server Information:

Server Api: apache2handler
Server Db Type: MySQL (mysql)
Server Db Version: 5.0.87.d10

----------------------------------------------
I am very unhappy from this bugs which caused serious problems with my website presentation.

Could you please solve these problems? I would like to upgrade, but I can not just now and I will be happy if could make it:-)

Any help helps:-)
Thank you!
winkelman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by winkelman »

Cody wrote:Well I tried to update from 1.9.4.3 to 1.10.2 but it doesnt not work anymore. Homepage of website and admin section are only blank pages and I can see only error code 500.

Before upgrading I did upgrade of all modules where it was possible.

Have you compared release date of current CMSMS and release date of used (non default) modules?

A higher difference could mean they will not running with current CMSMS version ...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

A 500 error 99% of the time either indicates a PHP error or an incompatible line in the .htaccess. Have you checked your error logs? Have you turned on debug mode?
Follow me on twitter
--------------------
Cody

Post by Cody »

Yes, some of these modules are really old, but I cannot check if they work or not till I upgrade cmsms. But than I can not in admin section do nothing due to stopper bug (500 Error). I fully understand, and find it very probable, but it will not help me.
winkelman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by winkelman »

It's not the right way but you can try to delete the old modules step by step via ftp ...
Cody

Post by Cody »

calguy1000 wrote:A 500 error 99% of the time either indicates a PHP error or an incompatible line in the .htaccess.

Yes, it could be problem. Now is our task only find the problem. Well my .htaccess is here and i didnt find any problems, please can you check it too as a developer, if you can find any problem?

Code: Select all

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

# 301 Redirect all requests that don't contain a dot or trailing slash to
# include a trailing slash
# except for form POSTS
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !POST$
RewriteRule ^(.*) %{REQUEST_URI}/ [R=301,L]

# Rewrites urls in the form of /parent/child/
# but only rewrites if the requested URL is not a file or directory
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ index.php?page=$1 [QSA]
calguy1000 wrote:Have you checked your error logs?
Yes, when I downgraded, but nothing strange here. But maybe information here are not very accuarte due the downgrading.
calguy1000 wrote:Have you turned on debug mode?
Now, I have it turn it on, but I am afraid to try it now again (upgrade). First of all I want to find the problem and fix it.
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

Cody wrote:Yes, some of these modules are really old, but I cannot check if they work or not till I upgrade cmsms. But than I can not in admin section do nothing due to stopper bug (500 Error). I fully understand, and find it very probable, but it will not help me.
Best way to check compatibility is to install the new version on the side, copy over your modules and test.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

I can strongly recommend WAMP for that http://www.wampserver.com/en/

You can download php/apache/mysql to match your server config (more or less) here: http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php

I'm currently running the following on my WAMP:
- Apache 2.0.63
- PHP 5.3.0
- MySQL 5.0.88

Greetings,
Manuel
gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by gianpiero »

I used it but I love

EasyPHP 5.3.8.1 - http://www.easyphp.org/
PHP 5.3.8 VC9 + Apache 2.2.21 VC9 + MySQL 5.5.16

Apache configuration is on a GUI page,
PHP configuration is on a GUI page

It's also "portable", you can install on USB key, USB flash drive ...

/gp
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

WAMP is great, but I'm a firm believer in testing out upgrades in the actual host environment... There are always differences and sometimes they clash with your site.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Thx for the tip Gianpiero, the portability is a definite advantage! I'll check it out! :)

Greetings,
Manuel

Return to “Announcements”