Problem with Advanced Content 0.9

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
gollum

Problem with Advanced Content 0.9

Post by gollum »

In preparation for upgrading to 1.10 from 1.9.3.4, I updated the Advanced Content module from 0.8.1 to 0.9 as per the 1.10 install instructions. Advanced content no longer worked:-
No page tabs,
Advanced Content blocks show on the Main page tab, and
Select Advanced Content in the page type drop down for a new page redirects to a non existent page.

I tried reinstalling the module several times, but no change. Went ahead anyway and upgrading to 1.10 but, perhaps not unexpectedly, experienced the same behaviour. In both cases, downgrading to Advanced Content 0.8.1 solves the problems and restores the original behaviour.

Anyone else seen this with either CMS 1.10 or 1.9.3.4? Has anyone had success with Advanced Content 0.9 or is it just me? Any suggestions or comments would be most welcome.
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Problem with Advanced Content 0.9

Post by carasmo »

Same problem exact issue. You are not alone. I don't think AC works yet with 1.10 and the latest version of AC doesn't work with the last version of CMSMS before 1.10 (1.9.4.3).
nockenfell
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nockenfell »

AC 0.9 works with 1.10. Change the {AdvancedContent ...} to {content ...}.

(sorry for my bad english)
carasmo
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by carasmo »

I changed all AdvancedContent to content and the errors went away, but the page might as well not use the module because the fields were all textarea or text inputs and not checkboxes or drop down fields. Did this happen to you?
Bertus

Post by Bertus »

@Topic -Same problem here, when upgrading to AC 0.9.

Its works fine on a clean install with cmsms.

New problem:

AC 0.9 is responsible for creating your html output of the website on a singeline.

View source of the page. Are you familiar with this problem ?
nockenfell
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nockenfell »

carasmo wrote:I changed all AdvancedContent to content and the errors went away, but the page might as well not use the module because the fields were all textarea or text inputs and not checkboxes or drop down fields. Did this happen to you?
No. After a Update to AC 0.9 and CMSMS 1.10 i change the {AdvancedContent} tag to {content}. The page type is AC. It run for me.
BertusNew wrote: problem:
AC 0.9 is responsible for creating your html output of the website on a singeline.

View source of the page. Are you familiar with this problem ?
It's a mistake in this file: event.ContentPostRender.php of AC. Delete all lines below line 90.
gollum

Post by gollum »

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that it is not just me, but disappointing because I find the Advanced Content module very useful.

carasmo - yes if I change the content from Advanced Content to Content then it sort of works but all the additional parts appear on the main edit page and there are no additional tabs, which rather defeats the object.

Bertus - I interpret your comment as meaning that it works on a fresh install of 1.10 but then gives the html error you describe. I have not tried that yet.

I guess that the best thing to do is to try and contact the author and see if they plan an update. I will do that now and post here any reply.
nockenfell
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nockenfell »

gollum wrote:I guess that the best thing to do is to try and contact the author and see if they plan an update. I will do that now and post here any reply.
You will have to contact directly, he is no longer active in this forum. Use the forge or his email: georg.busch at gmx dot net
gollum

Post by gollum »

Advanced Content version 0.9 bug is discussed here:
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/7041

I am not sure I understand the details yet but there is an updated version in SVN but I do not know how to use that! If anyone knows how to get hold of this I love to know.

But the problem appears to be with whitespaces in the block parameter which I certainly have so I will have to experiment with that to see if it cures my problem.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”