organizing feature for global content blocks

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

organizing feature for global content blocks

Post by blackhawk »

Thank you so much for adding the ability for descriptions on global content blocks! It would be a great next step (for thoughs of us who have more than 20+ global content blocks for larger sites) to have folders. For example...

[GLOBAL CONTENT BLOCKS PAGE]
[folder name - developer items]
[global content block jquery externals]
[global content block sort my arrays]
[global content block Search module variables]

[folder name - client area]
[global content block teams]
[global content block rankings]
[global content block schedules]

It would sure help me out a million! Especially when I hand off a new site to small business. Keeping them from picking in the wrong global content folder areas!
Last edited by blackhawk on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: organizing feature for global content blocks

Post by Rolf »

In the coming release 1.10 the description field of each GCB is also showed in the GCB list. (FR#5622 Add Description Column to GCB List).
it's not quite what you're asking for, but I think it is a step in the right direction ;)

grtz. Rolf :)
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: organizing feature for global content blocks

Post by Wishbone »

I'm working on a module (that seems will never be completed) that is similar to GCB's, and instead of expandable folders, it organizes the content into tabs that can be named. It also supports not just text blocks, but buttons, multi-selects, radio buttons, file uploads, etc. The cool thing about it is that it presents all the 'content blocks' at once on a tab, so it looks like a form.... Sorta like a combination of GCB, Advanced Content and Form Builder. (if I can ever finish it)

The best thing to happen to GCB's is the ability to turn off WYSIWYG in 1.9.. I now use these as templates inside of templates when I have some common features (<head>, header, sidebar and footer) between templates, and don't want to repeat this in each.

Return to “Feature ideas”