Updated w/beta download: New Admin Theme Sneak Peak

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
kalozura
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Updated w/beta download: New Admin Theme Sneak Peak

Post by kalozura »

I have updated the post above with beta download link :)
smartit

Post by smartit »

looks great, installed no problem.

only 2 minor issues so far.  1st is the logo on the login screen does not show up, second is the shortcut links displays above the list on the CMS Home insted of to the right where I think it should display
johnkarlsson
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnkarlsson »

Cheers mate!

Lovely work. Will deffo try this one out.
Inzman

Post by Inzman »

:)  :) Really nice! My compliments! All admin CSS etc. must be really tough to go through. Good luck with everything.
HansDampf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by HansDampf »

I tested it in the hope to find a working css for lists in the module help texts

as the lists are produced by  .pagecontainer ul  why not give them clear indents, list-styles etc.?

It is not easy to read the lists, I tested with the 2 default themes and now with yours, and lists are always defined with no indents, no list-style-type and nested list items sit directly on top of the next successort

can you check please and add "normal" list behaviour to lists in the help files?
NaN

Post by NaN »

smartit wrote:
the logo on the login screen does not show up
I think this is no issue.
If you take a look in the HTML source it says "..uploads/images/yourlogo.gif".
So i believe this is meant to be the logo of your company.

second is the shortcut links displays above the list on the CMS Home insted of to the right where I think it should display
What browser?
In FF and Safari it looks fine.

I noticed another issue when editing pages in FF.
There is a space between the tabs and the edit form.
This is caused by a padding of 2 px of the form.
If i remove this padding it looks fine. (see screenshots)

But i don't know if this causes problems somewhere else.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

Hey there.. rocking theme.. I did some tests in it and was doing a screen cast for a client but thought I'd share it.. This is a test in IE9 ... There are some of the other things that NaN pointed out that show up here.. But I thought I'd share since it's a great theme.. Cheers to you.. -Jeremy

http://screencast.com/t/7rdrlzYKp0
nudone

Post by nudone »

I'm not sure if anyone is still interested but I've been tweaking the Galant theme. (I've also tried contacting the original author to discuss things but his website contact form doesn't work.)

I've corrected the issues I found with Internet Explorer, but have yet to test IE9, IE8 seems fine, IE7 has minor left margin issues which I have simply ignored (I can fix these if pushed).

If anyone is interested I'll upload the modified theme and list the changes I've made (I've created a couple of new icons to make things more obvious and made the shortcuts box appear on the left, plus lots of other CSS tweaks ). I'm also prepared to iron out any issues people may find as I think this theme is the most professional CMSMS admin theme I've used (perhaps I've not seen many).
pedes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by pedes »

yes please , i use this theme and i like it very much
can you also put a list what you changed to the version of kalozura !

thank you very much

kind regards
Peter
nudone

Post by nudone »

Sorry for the delay. I thought I'd enabled to receive emails when posts are made in this thread - seems I hadn't.

In a couple of days time, I'll upload the list of changes, and maybe some screengrabs - and the theme zip.

I'm wondering if I should start a new thread for the revised theme, maybe call it Galant-b or something to distinguish it from the original Galant theme.

I've found many issues that needed resolving (which I've fixed) and I can see many more that could be improvedfixed - little things that you wouldn't ever notice if only using CMSMS in a limited way.

Or, I think it might be better to use Galant as the starting point for a completely new theme - but this may be nothing more than an ego trip as I think the tweaked Galant theme IS the best admin theme available. But, I'm obviously a bit biased. :)
nudone

Post by nudone »

I've attached the updated version of Galant. I haven't the time to take screengrabs and go through the changes made; maybe I'll do that in a new post some time.

The zip contains:

- the admin theme "Galant"

- a "logo" you can use for the login page (this could be any image; it needs uploading to "

Code: Select all

/uploads/images/yourlogo/logo.jpg
" either via FTP or through the admin Image Manager.

- a txt file "Galant edits and notes..." which has a full list of CSS changes I've made, each with a brief note of why it was done.

I work within a browser that's 1024px wide, so my edits are mainly done to make things look nice within that (though everything should look fine wider). The "Pages" page list table tends to become too wide and break the layout if you are using lots of long names, so making your browser wider may help the layout here.

I've had to convert the "tabs" back to "buttons" because they simply look wrong when viewing a module like "Frontend User Management" that has lots of tabs/buttons across multiple rows (when not using an extremely wide browser view).

That's it for the moment. I haven't the time to make any more changes but I will try to continue improving things at a later date.

If there are any obvious annoyances then let me know. I may be able to quickly fix them.
Attachments
Galant (updated 2011-05-16).zip
(329.56 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
dmaireroa
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dmaireroa »

Not sure if anyone has compliment you yet but your the man Nudone. I got it working on my localhost and it looks awesome.

Thanks heaps to Nudone and the original author 'Zura' ;)
nudone

Post by nudone »

I'm glad you like it, dmaireroa.

(I see the theme has been downloaded about 20 times so far. I thought there would be more interest than that.)
Cerulean
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Cerulean »

I'd also like to say thanks for this beautiful theme.
airelibre
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by airelibre »

Very nice theme, amazing work :)
I suggest just to reduce the padding of the td tables, for example in the pages list view - I tested "padding: 0 10px" for "table.pagetable td" and the lines are less high.

Return to “CMS Show Off”