0.13 Beta 2 Released!

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

0.13 Beta 2 Released!

Post by Ted »

Posted to the front page

Code: Select all

And around and around we go!!!

One more round of beta fun. We're doing this mainly to test out the many performance fixes submitted by piratos over the last week or two. We've also tightened up the url handling and did lots of little bug fixes as well. It's starting to come together...

So, please, test away. Thanks!
I already see two issues that I decided weren't bad enough to postpone the release.

1. Russ's new version of cms_selflink isn't being used on all of the pages.  I just did it on the first one to test it and forgot to go back and do the rest of them.
2. Some of the admin CSS is out of whack, especially the FCKeditor admin.  I'm not sure what's going on there...

Thanks!
Ted
q20060418

Re: 0.13 Beta 2 Released!

Post by q20060418 »

Great work guys! Thank you very much.

However, phpDig still isn't able to spider the site if the new URL schema is used. I hope this will be fixed in the final version.

Regards.
q20060418

Post by q20060418 »

One more thing... After a new installation of version 0.13beta2, when I click on Extension on the left menu it produces a lot of warnings messages:

Warning: fetch(C:\htdocs\cms13b2/tmp/templates_c\73d995aceb30e8f95e91e3932591c186\%%98\98C\98CFC864%%module_file_tpl%3AMenuManager%3Bbulletmenu.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\htdocs\cms13b2\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1265

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening 'C:\htdocs\cms13b2/tmp/templates_c\73d995aceb30e8f95e91e3932591c186\%%98\98C\98CFC864%%module_file_tpl%3AMenuManager%3Bbulletmenu.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear\') in C:\htdocs\cms13b2\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1265

etc...
The rest of the menu seems to work properly.

Regards.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Greg »

Works great except bookmarks 2.0
Notice: Undefined variable: startPoint in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 672

Notice: Undefined variable: startPoint in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 675

Notice: Undefined variable: message in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 681

Notice: Undefined variable: keyword in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 417

Notice: Undefined variable: rowclass in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 878

Notice: Undefined variable: rowclass in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 904

Notice: Undefined variable: startPoint in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 1010

Notice: Undefined variable: startPoint in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 1013

Notice: Undefined variable: return_id in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 341

Notice: Undefined variable: message in D:\AAAWeb\cms\modules\Bookmarks\Bookmarks.module.php on line 620
Greg
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Nice one Ted :) I've only just installed it locally, but no immediate real problems, I'll poke it with a stick some more later today.

Only one small point of clarification ref my updates to cms_selflink, perhaps a bit of confusion on my part:

In the updated help I wrote...
""# (optional) anchorlink - New paramater for an internal page link. If this is used then dir ="anchor" should also be set. Do not forget the hash before the link e.g. dir="anchor" anchorlink="#internal_link" ..."

I was expecting users to put the # (hash) into their link (to designate an internal page link) e.g.
{cms_selflink dir="anchor" anchorlink="#content" lang="0" title="Jump to top of page" text="Top"}
Note the : #content in anchorlink.

As of 0.13 Beta 2, (obviously the codes has been chanegd a bit,)  if you set it like I originally planned you would get '##content' in the link, a double hash, which of course is wrong.
So short term you can remove the # out of your link and all is well :)

Two solutions really, alter the code to remove the extra '#' or just alter the help. I guess it is probably easier to alter the help? As I don't have access to subversion from here can I pass this to you Ted?

As ever, we edge closer to the funkiest CMS ever... now where did I put that Ajax information ;-)

Russ
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

This is the fastes CMSMS that i have ever seen ( and can be downloaded by everyone).

Local Linux - Server a little above 0,1 Seconds  without any help of an eaccelerator or so.

But you should this
$config['internal_pretty_urls'] = true;
$config['use_hierarchy'] = true; 

set to false (config.php - default with a new installation ist true).
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Yes it does seem much faster...
I'm using a local server (OS X) to test and getting similiar results to Piratos but using Mod-rewrite to get url's like:

http://localhost/cms/testmenu/submenu/subsubsub.html

$config['assume_mod_rewrite'] = true;
$config['page_extension'] = '.html';
$config['internal_pretty_urls'] = false;
$config['use_hierarchy'] = true;

Russ
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Ted wrote: ... 2. Some of the admin CSS is out of whack, especially the FCKeditor admin.  I'm not sure what's going on there...
Mmm, this was in beta 1 as well. I don't know why this is happening, not my module, but you can fix it by changing some stuff in style.css...

1. Alter the font size in 'input' to something like   
font-size: 0.8em; (from 1.2em) or whatever size is good for you...

2. Add a font-size into 'select' - same as above.

Seems to work for me but I don't know what else it alters??

At least the 'array' error has gone, but I still can't get the 'styles dropdown'  to work with this version?

Russ
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Ted, can't seem to see any changes to News or ImageGallery? Am I missing something or is that still to come?

Russ
hansom

Post by hansom »

Was the Smarty directive use_sub_dirs added in this version? In /lib/content.functions.php on line 53 to be exact:

$this->use_sub_dirs = true;
My Debian system didn't like this and I had to set it to false. I tested on a Windows 2000 install which had no problems with it being set to true.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Very strange.  This was added for performance reasons, but if it starts to give people problems, I'll change it back.
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

You must set the rights to the folder tmp and below this folder.

i have no problems with 3 different linux servers.

I never would change it if one user had a problem with this  and he has find a solution for himself.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Not saying I'd change it for one user.  Just something to keep an eye out for.
hansom

Post by hansom »

Well I don't think you should turn it off, from what I can read at http://smarty.php.net/manual/en/variabl ... b.dirs.php it seems like a good thing to use. And like that page says,
some environments do not allow PHP processes to create directories
Maybe you can help me find out the reason why it doesn't work though. Apache runs as User and Group www-data and the tmp folder (and those below) are group owned by that group and have both read and write permissions. But I guess this isn't the issue since there usually are no problems. For example I can create folders in the uploads folder using the Image Manager, and the uploads directory has the same permissions as the tmp folder.
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lemkepf »

From that same page...
Technical Note: $use_sub_dirs=true doesn't work with safe_mode=On, that's why it's switchable and why it's off by default.
Check to see if you have safe_mode on.

Return to “Announcements”